4256World Premiere of "Exploding Universe" Oct. 11

  • Mike Murray
    Oct 9, 2013

      Hi everyone,

      The Clark Planetarium has some news to share about its upcoming show called "Exploding Universe"!  After 18 months of intense work involving nearly two dozen people, it will premiere here in Salt Lake City on October 11.  Our website has been updated with new images here:

      http://www.clarkplanetarium.org/distribution/explodinguniverse

      A new high resolution flat screen trailer is now our YouTube channel:

      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3810PV0qFk4&feature=youtu.be

      You can also find a dome view of the trailer here:

      http://www.fddb.org/shows/exploding-universe/#

      And speaking of the dome view, if you would like to see the trailer on your dome, you can download the medium resolution (2k) dome master frames and audio from our FTP site:

      ExplodingUniverse_TrailerFulldome.rar

      It is a 3Gb compressed .rar file.  From there you can encode it to best match the characteristics of your particular system.  A 4k (30 or 60 frames per second) version will be available soon for those of you who would like to try it.

      After the initial public screenings, we'll be doing a few post-production tweaks and creating a full Electronic Press Kit (EPK) for distribution.  The show should be ready for delivery by the end of October.  If you need more information about leasing the program, please contact Andrea Doubek, our Show Sales Manager, at +1 385-468-1239 or adoubek@...

      We hope to see many of you at the upcoming GLPA conference!

      Cheers,
      Mike.

      Mike Murray

      Dome Theatre Programs Manager