4048Re: Planetaria in lectures halls

  • Drew
    Feb 2, 2013
      Morehead State Univ in Kentucky. Eric Thomas, Director
      He has a great implementation of this done by SkySkan. Classroom,
      Lecture Hall, tilted-dome hanging above everything.

      See page 7 in this PDF
      http://www.moreheadstate.edu/uploadedFiles/Sites/Main_Sites/Academics/EA\
      SS/Space_Science_Center/Space%20Science%20Center%20Facility%20Overview.p\
      df

      [Whew! Or use http://tinyurl.com/akdonvz --Moderator]

      Drew
      Rauch Planetarium, Univ. of Louisville, Louisville, KY

      --- In fulldome@yahoogroups.com, Matthew Linke wrote:

      Hi all,

      Does anyone have an example of a planetarium that was designed in or as a
      part of a larger lecture hall? Envision a hall of maybe 200 seats, and
      part of that area includes or is covered by a dome? The only one I know of
      is the Queen Mary 2. There's is a 500 seat theater with the dome that
      drops out of the ceiling and covered 120 or so of the theater seats.
      I would be curious what people think of that combined solution.

      Regards,

      Matt Linke
      --
      Matthew Linke