3961Lawrence Hall of Science Survey - Please Complete by Nov. 2

  • Maia Werner-Avidon
    Oct 17, 2012
      Dear Colleagues,

      The Math on a Sphere Project, currently under development by the University of Colorado at Boulder and the Lawrence Hall of Science and funded by the National Science Foundation, is conducting a survey to help inform the design of a software toolkit and accompanying program materials that museum visitors, students, or teachers can use to create 3-dimensional designs that can then be displayed on Science on a Sphere or another digital display system.

      As part of the project, we are surveying education directors and education technology staff to find out whether this project would be interesting to informal science institutions and what barriers might exist to using this software toolkit. Please help us out by completing our brief survey, available at the link below. We are still interested in your responses even if you do not have a Science on a Sphere at your museum.

      https://www.surveymonkey.com/s/MathOnASphere

      The responses you provide on this survey will help the project team better design the Math on a Sphere program. The survey should take about 15 minutes and you may leave the survey at any point and return to complete it later. Please complete the survey by November 2, 2012. To thank you for your time, you will be entered into a raffle to win a $50 Amazon.com gift card.

      If you feel that there is someone else at your institution who would be more appropriate to complete this survey, please feel free to forward it to them.

      All survey responses will remain anonymous. Compiled results will be shared at research meetings and conferences. Thank you, in advance, for taking the time to respond to the survey. If you have any questions, you may contact me or Sherry Hsi, Research Director for the Center for Technology Innovation at the Lawrence Hall of Science, at sherryh@... or 510-643-7827.

      Thank you for your participation.

      Sincerely,
      Maia Werner-Avidon
      Maia Werner-Avidon