3869Re: Staffing portable domes

  • Karrie
    Jul 6, 2012
      Hi Matt,

      When we do outreach, we send one person out alone. Our Digitarium systems are designed to be fast and easy to set up--one person can set up the system and dome in about 10 or 15 minutes.

      The only time we bring a second person along is if we know that crowd control will be an issue. For example, we have done planetarium programs at our local mall for past Astronomy Days. In that type of situation, you need to have someone on the outside of the dome answering questions, handing out tickets, keeping people from jumping on the dome, etc., while the teacher is inside presenting.

      Let me know if you have more questions:
      Karrie AT DigitalisEducation.com

      Cheers,
      Karrie

      --- In fulldome@yahoogroups.com, "Linke, Matthew" <mlinke@...> wrote:
      Two questions. 1) How many people do you normally send out with a portable dome? 2) How long, on average, does it take you to set your dome/technology?

      Many thanks,

      Matt Linke
      University of Michigan Museum of Natural History Planetarium
    • Show all 8 messages in this topic