314Breaking the Silence

    Nov 11, 2003
      Long time, no emails... But I thought I'd break the silence with a
      link, a bit of reading for an autumn (holi)day. I've placed a brief
      paper online:
      http://research.amnh.org/~wyatt/Community/oss2002proceedings.html

      This is my write-up of "The Big Picture: Planetariums, Education, and
      Space Science," which I originally presented at last year's NASA OSS
      Education Conference in Chicago. I ended up going on at length about
      fulldome video and how it's changing the face of the planetarium
      profession. Please read, comment, quibble, dispute, malign, or
      otherwise engage the text. But please don't hesitate to post.

      Coming up next: a quasi-objective gamma test for fulldome video?

      Cheers!

      Ryan, a.k.a.
      Ryan Wyatt, Science Visualizer
      Rose Center for Earth & Space