Economical hive constructed with wasted material, based in fukuoka's philosophy.

  • oscarperone@ymail.com
    Message 1 of 5 , Jul 31, 2009
      Hi all,

      I always think the beekeeping management recommended in the
      Natural Extensive Beekeeping handbook could be a solution for
      people with scarce resources who live all over the world: they
      are thousands of millions and are living with different lack
      conditions.

      This technique allow to practice beekeeping without knowing the theory, without purchasing hives – only acquiring bees from catching swarms.

      This will partially or on the whole depend on people.

      I think as many others do that it´s good to gift a fish to
      poor people, but it´s better to teach them to fish it.

      The limitant resource is the beekeeping material necesary for
      practising this natural extensive beekeeping.

      Because of poverty – resources or capital lack – it would not
      be worth for you to read information of this free handbook if
      you hadn´t any place where to put swarms and transform them in
      productive colonies.

      That´s the reason why we have imagined a hive disign which
      could be constructed easily with cheap, available materials
      and without sophisticated machines – only a simple saw, a
      hammer and some nails.

      The result is the hive showed in the following video you can

      see in:

      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j2Gx9ewmrmo

      Thanks to Alvaro Ferrés de Montevideo, Uruguay, for your translation.

      Thanks to all

      God bless you and yours familys

      Oscar Perone

      Buenos Aires
      Argentina
      oscarperone@...
      skype: oscarperone
      blog: http://oscarperone.blogspot.com/
      en portugues: http://oscarperonenportugues.blogspot.com/
      foro: http://apiculturanatural.foroactivo.net
    • Frank McAvinchey
      Message 2 of 5 , Aug 1, 2009
        Don Oscar,
        Thank you for your email. The ideas that you are putting forth are very
        interesting, and I applaud your efforts. I the USA, we are pretty much
        required to have our hives inspected several times per year by the
        government. I want to try your idea here, but would run into trouble with
        the inspectors due to their inability to take apart the bottom of a hive of
        your sort. They would not like that. I might be able to experiment with
        your design, and specify that I don't want that particular hive
        disassembled. I don't know.

        Good luck with your bees!

        Frank McAvinchey

        On Fri, Jul 31, 2009 at 1:47 PM, oscarperone@... <
        oscarperone@...> wrote:

        > Hi all,
        >
        > I always think the beekeeping management recommended in the
        > Natural Extensive Beekeeping handbook could be a solution for
        > people with scarce resources who live all over the world: they
        > are thousands of millions and are living with different lack
        > conditions.
        >
        > This technique allow to practice beekeeping without knowing the theory,
        > without purchasing hives � only acquiring bees from catching swarms.
        >
        > This will partially or on the whole depend on people.
        >
        > I think as many others do that it�s good to gift a fish to
        > poor people, but it�s better to teach them to fish it.
        >
        > The limitant resource is the beekeeping material necesary for
        > practising this natural extensive beekeeping.
        >
        > Because of poverty � resources or capital lack � it would not
        > be worth for you to read information of this free handbook if
        > you hadn�t any place where to put swarms and transform them in
        > productive colonies.
        >
        > That�s the reason why we have imagined a hive disign which
        > could be constructed easily with cheap, available materials
        > and without sophisticated machines � only a simple saw, a
        > hammer and some nails.
        >
        > The result is the hive showed in the following video you can
        >
        > see in:
        >
        > http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j2Gx9ewmrmo
        >
        > Thanks to Alvaro Ferr�s de Montevideo, Uruguay, for your translation.
        >
        > Thanks to all
        >
        > God bless you and yours familys
        >
        > Oscar Perone
        >
        > Buenos Aires
        > Argentina
        > oscarperone@... <oscarperone%40gmail.com>
        > skype: oscarperone
        > blog: http://oscarperone.blogspot.com/
        > en portugues: http://oscarperonenportugues.blogspot.com/
        > foro: http://apiculturanatural.foroactivo.net

      • Oscar Perone
        Message 3 of 5 , Aug 1, 2009
          Hi Frank,

          If you want the frames are removable
          manufactures frame with the size of the brood chamber and put wax sheets to
          guide in its construction, this will solve everything.

          It is not necessary that the sheets of wax are stamped

          Thanks

          God bless you and your family

          Oscar Perone

          2009/8/1 Frank McAvinchey <fmcavin@...>

          > Don Oscar,
          > Thank you for your email. The ideas that you are putting forth are very
          > interesting, and I applaud your efforts. I the USA, we are pretty much
          > required to have our hives inspected several times per year by the
          > government. I want to try your idea here, but would run into trouble with
          > the inspectors due to their inability to take apart the bottom of a hive of
          > your sort. They would not like that. I might be able to experiment with
          > your design, and specify that I don't want that particular hive
          > disassembled. I don't know.
          >
          > Good luck with your bees!
          >
          > Frank McAvinchey
          >

          > On Fri, Jul 31, 2009 at 1:47 PM, oscarperone@... <
          > oscarperone@...> wrote:
          >

          > > Hi all,
          > >
          > > I always think the beekeeping management recommended in the
          > > Natural Extensive Beekeeping handbook could be a solution for
          > > people with scarce resources who live all over the world: they
          > > are thousands of millions and are living with different lack
          > > conditions.
          > >
          > > This technique allow to practice beekeeping without knowing the theory,
          > > without purchasing hives – only acquiring bees from catching swarms.
          > >
          > > This will partially or on the whole depend on people.
          > >
          > > I think as many others do that it´s good to gift a fish to
          > > poor people, but it´s better to teach them to fish it.
          > >
          > > The limitant resource is the beekeeping material necesary for
          > > practising this natural extensive beekeeping.
          > >
          > > Because of poverty – resources or capital lack – it would not
          > > be worth for you to read information of this free handbook if
          > > you hadn´t any place where to put swarms and transform them in
          > > productive colonies.
          > >
          > > That´s the reason why we have imagined a hive disign which
          > > could be constructed easily with cheap, available materials
          > > and without sophisticated machines – only a simple saw, a
          > > hammer and some nails.
          > >
          > > The result is the hive showed in the following video you can
          > >
          > > see in:
          > >
          > > http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j2Gx9ewmrmo
          > >
          > > Thanks to Alvaro Ferrés de Montevideo, Uruguay, for your translation.
          > >
          > > Thanks to all
          > >
          > > God bless you and yours familys
          > >
          > > Oscar Perone
          > >
          > > Buenos Aires
          > > Argentina
          > > oscarperone@... <oscarperone%40gmail.com>
          > > skype: oscarperone
          > > blog: http://oscarperone.blogspot.com/
          > > en portugues: http://oscarperonenportugues.blogspot.com/
          > > foro: http://apiculturanatural.foroactivo.net

          Oscar Perone

          Buenos Aires
          Argentina
          +54 011 1532837346

          Message 4 of 5 , Aug 1, 2009
            Oscar,
            Muy bien mi amigo. Su explicacion de usted es que las pa�ales sean
            construido de la misma manera, pero del tama�o de la caja, �no?

            Panchito

            Message 5 of 5 , Aug 2, 2009
              Exacto !!Me hace gracia que te nombres Panchito, que es el apodo de
              todos los Franciscos en castellano.
              Y te agradezco mucho que te dirijas en mi idioma.

              Por respeto, luego ofrezco una traducción de lo que aquí digo.

              Hay apicultores en todo el mundo que están probando lo que
              propongo y este apicultor de Brasil, como luego tiene que
              trasladarlas, hizo, siguiendo mis consejos, cuadros más
              grandes, poniendo hilos de nylon para que queden dentro del
              panal y queden más firmes y por supuesto que se podrán
              extraer cuando las inspecciones lo exijan.
              Lo puedes ver en

              http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WrNelTb2yzA

              La colmena que está en espera de capturar su enjambre,
              lo capturó a los pocos días.
              Ya está trabajando y el apicultor de Brasil me informa que
              las abejas construyen el panal dejando el nylon por dentro !!

              <http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WrNelTb2yzA>si hay algo que no entiendas,
              estoy a tu absoluta disposición

              Lee, tu que entiendes castellano, la siguiente entrada de mi blog:

              http://oscarperone.blogspot.com/2009/02/le-propongo-que-seamos-socios_04.html

              <http://oscarperone.blogspot.com/2009/02/le-propongo-que-seamos-socios_04.html>Espero
              que aceptes el trato que te propongo.

              Un abrazo y gracias por querer probar.

              Oscar Perone

              The following text in translate for software.

              Exactly!
              It makes me grace you Panchito names, which is the nickname of Francisco's
              in spanish.
              And I am very grateful that you speak in my language.

              Out of respect, then give a translation of what I say here.

              There are beekeepers around the world that are testing what
              suggest, this beekeeper from Brazil, and then has to
              transferred, did, on my advice, more frames
              large, making nylon thread that is within the
              honeycomb and are stronger and of course we will
              draw inspections when required.
              You can see in

              http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WrNelTb2yzA

              The hive that is waiting to capture your swarm, it captured a few days.
              Is already working and beekeeper from Brazil tells me that the bees build
              the hive, leaving the nylon on the inside!

              if you do not understand something, I am at your complete disposal

              Read, that you understand Spanish, the following entry in my blog:

              http://oscarperone.blogspot.com/2009/02/le-propongo-que-seamos-socios_04.html

              I hope you will accept the treatment you propose.

              A hug and thanks for wanting to try.