Re: [fukuoka_farming] doubt regarding prepared compost

  • Frank McAvinchey
    Message 1 of 5 , Jul 15, 2009
      I think that he actually means that one should not put in the effort to
      make/prepare compost in a compost pile, using all the scraps and clippings
      that one would naturally produce on a farm. He certainly means that you
      should not purchase already prepared commercial compost. These are of
      course just his opinions. His ideas are not, obviously, new laws that MUST
      be applied. I happen to agree largely with him. One of the participants of
      this thread posted that there is a small island near England where the
      farmers apply nothing but manure and seaweed and have magnificent soil,
      exporting huge quantities of potatoes annually. He just advocates applying
      the minimum of energy for the maximum advantage, and believes that he has
      achieved that position.
      Frank