Re: [fukuoka_farming] Can we Get "Morishima Acacia" in india

  • Raju Titus
    Message 1 of 9 , Jul 15, 2009
      Dear friend,
      Morishima Acacia is smiler to "Subabul". Available all over India.
      Thanks
      Raju

      On Tue, Jul 14, 2009 at 10:11 PM, ramana_jaanu <ramana_jaanu@...>wrote:

      > Hi,
      >
      > Can we Find "Morishima Acacia" Tree some where in India(Preferably around
      > Bangalore)?
      > If any Some one knows where abouts this tree.Please share Contacts.I am in
      > process of gathering few of this Morishima Acacia.
      >
      > Regards
      > Venkat

    • ramana_jaanu
      Message 2 of 9 , Jul 16, 2009
        Dear Rajuji,

        Does this subabul serves the following qualities?

        1.Is it Fast Growing Tree?
        2.Does it have Nitrogen Fixing capabilities equalent to Morishima Acacia?
        3.does it work as Wind breaker?

        And one more thing does this "whilte clover" suits to hot climate of Andhrapradesh?

        Regards
        Venkat

        --- In fukuoka_farming@yahoogroups.com, Raju Titus <rajuktitus@...> wrote:

        > Dear friend,
        > Morishima Acacia is smiler to "Subabul". Available all over India.
        > Thanks
        > Raju
        >
        > On Tue, Jul 14, 2009 at 10:11 PM, ramana_jaanu <ramana_jaanu@...>wrote:
        >

        > > Hi,
        > >
        > > Can we Find "Morishima Acacia" Tree some where in India(Preferably around
        > > Bangalore)?
        > > If any Some one knows where abouts this tree.Please share Contacts.I am in
        > > process of gathering few of this Morishima Acacia.
        > >
        > > Regards
        > > Venkat

      • Raju Titus
        Message 3 of 9 , Jul 17, 2009
          Dear friend,
          Subabul not only cover these three points but also serves as clover .White
          clover is not possible in hot condition but you can try.
          Thanks
          Raju

          On Wed, Jul 15, 2009 at 7:20 PM, ramana_jaanu <ramana_jaanu@...>wrote:

          > Dear Rajuji,
          >
          > Does this subabul serves the following qualities?
          >
          > 1.Is it Fast Growing Tree?
          > 2.Does it have Nitrogen Fixing capabilities equalent to Morishima Acacia?
          > 3.does it work as Wind breaker?
          >
          > And one more thing does this "whilte clover" suits to hot climate of
          > Andhrapradesh?
          >
          > Regards
          > Venkat

          > Raju Titus <rajuktitus@...> wrote:
          > >
          > > Dear friend,
          > > Morishima Acacia is smiler to "Subabul". Available all over India.
          > > Thanks
          > > Raju
          > >
          > > On Tue, Jul 14, 2009 at 10:11 PM, ramana_jaanu <ramana_jaanu@...>wrote:
          > >

          > > > Hi,
          > > >
          > > > Can we Find "Morishima Acacia" Tree some where in India(Preferably
          > around
          > > > Bangalore)?
          > > > If any Some one knows where abouts this tree.Please share Contacts.I am
          > in
          > > > process of gathering few of this Morishima Acacia.
          > > >
          > > > Regards
          > > > Venkat

        • Douglas Barnes
          Message 4 of 9 , Jul 17, 2009
            Hi,

            If you are set on Morishima acacia, you could try my good friends at the Green Tree Foundation http://greentreefnd.org/ If they cannot get you saplings, they might be able to get seeds through their association with Trees For The Future. Tell them Douglas recommended you contacting them.

            I hope that helps.

            Douglas Barnes
            http://www.ecoedge.ca
            http://permaculturetokyo.blogspot.com

            --- In fukuoka_farming@yahoogroups.com, "ramana_jaanu"
            > Hi,
            >
            > Can we Find "Morishima Acacia" Tree some where in India(Preferably around Bangalore)?
            > If any Some one knows where abouts this tree.Please share Contacts.I am in process of gathering few of this Morishima Acacia.
            >
            > Regards
            > Venkat

          • pasila venkat
            Message 5 of 9 , Jul 22, 2009
              Hi Douglas,

              Thanks for the information.i will try them

              Regards
              Venkat

              If you are set on Morishima acacia, you could try my good friends at the Green Tree Foundation http://greentreefnd .org/ If they cannot get you saplings, they might be able to get seeds through their association with Trees For The Future. Tell them Douglas recommended you contacting them.

              I hope that helps.

              Douglas Barnes

              http://www.ecoedge. ca

              http://permaculture tokyo.blogspot. com

              --- In fukuoka_farming@ yahoogroups. com, "ramana_jaanu"

              > Hi,

              > Can we Find "Morishima Acacia" Tree some where in India(Preferably around Bangalore)?

              > If any Some one knows where abouts this tree.Please share Contacts.I am in process of gathering few of this Morishima Acacia.

              > Regards

              > Venkat

              Looking for local information? Find it on Yahoo! Local http://in.local.yahoo.com/

            • Andre Abrahami
              Message 6 of 9 , Jul 24, 2009
                This species could be invasive. See http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Acacia_mearnsii

                Maybe not your best choice...

                2009/7/17 Douglas Barnes <duckrace2000@...>:

                > Hi,
                >
                > If you are set on Morishima acacia, you could try my good friends at the
                > Green Tree Foundation http://greentreefnd.org/ If they cannot get you
                > saplings, they might be able to get seeds through their association with
                > Trees For The Future. Tell them Douglas recommended you contacting them.
                >
                > I hope that helps.
                >
                > Douglas Barnes
                > http://www.ecoedge.ca
                > http://permaculturetokyo.blogspot.com
                >
                > --- In fukuoka_farming@yahoogroups.com, "ramana_jaanu"
                >
                >> Hi,
                >>
                >> Can we Find "Morishima Acacia" Tree some where in India(Preferably around
                >> Bangalore)?
                >> If any Some one knows where abouts this tree.Please share Contacts.I am in
                >> process of gathering few of this Morishima Acacia.
                >>
                >> Regards
                >> Venkat

              • pasila venkat
                Message 7 of 9 , Jul 25, 2009
                  Yes i have been through different sites,which says the same.

                  but i wonder how come Mr.Fukuoka used this tree with out any problems(as he haven't specified any such problems in his book).

                  Message 8 of 9 , Jul 27, 2009
                    Dear friends,
                    Weed and shade phobia is for unnatural ways of farming where farmers tilling
                    and using artificial fertilizers
                    In N.F. we want invasive strong things for soil and ecological
                    development.This is very good for ground cover, fertilizer,wood, fodder
                    etc.This is a very good nitrogen and water supplier. I am growing this from
                    last 25 years and getting lot of advantages.
                    Thanks
                    Raju