NEW FUKUOKA FARM IN INDIA.

  • Raju Titus
    Message 1 of 2 , Jul 11 8:42 PM
      Dear Venkatji,
      Thank you very much for giving me this information on phone that you started
      N.F. in Bangalore India.This is one more achievement of Fukuoka_farming
      group.Congratulations.
      I am living in Mid India.This place is suffering from acute shortage rain.
      No water for agriculture.
      In 1988 when Fukuoka was here told that Big dams are not the solution for
      water if no rain than how dames will fill.The correct solution is zero
      tillage and green cover.And this is possible by "Do nothing" way of farming.
      And you see I am only in middle doing agriculture and most of the farmers
      are sitting and looking sky for rain.
      Rain is not coming from sky it is coming earth.
      Thanks
      Raju

    • Nandan Palaparambil
      Message 2 of 2 , Jul 12 9:29 AM
        Dear Rajuji,

        Please give details on where this farm is located.

        Are you able to do farming without water or you are using borewell/open well to pump water. This solution may be O.K if the farm is small but for vast paddy fields they may have to depend on rain. But I agree that with no-tilling, mulching water requirement can be reduced drastically.

        Regards,
        Nandan