Re: [fukuoka_farming] Re: [AgriConcern] Fwd: Fw: Conservation Agriculture as a possible option for tribal communities in Orissa, India

  • Raju Titus
    Message 1 of 4 , Jul 10, 2009
      Dear Suraj,
      This is true not only Monsanto but many industrialist now coming close to
      "no Till conservative agriculture"
      due to Bio Fuel.They are growing no till crops with many chemicals including
      herbicide.Climate bill of America is based on this.They are saying Bio Fuel
      is clean energy and is an alternative of fossil fuel and No-Till is
      sequestering carbon and stopping runoff.This happening in big farms of
      thousands of acres.
      This is as our Govt. growing trees for wood business and many organic
      farmers using Tractors and electric pumps.
      But many conservative farmers started planting in crop residues and using
      cover crops and counting colonies of Earth worms.They are reducing use of
      chemicals.Drought and loss of fertility is directly related with tilling.
      As per *Fukuoka *there is no need of any weed killer and fertilizer.De
      nitrification is due to chemical fertilizers.
      80% nitrogen of soil escape from soil. Conservative farmers are not aware of
      this fact.No till organic farmers are doing well in America.
      But some thing is better than nothing.
      Thanks
      Raju