Re: [fukuoka_farming] want to visit suraj farm

  • Suraj Kumar
    Message 1 of 2 , Jun 22, 2009
      Hi Sharan,

      I don't have much going on in my farm. Thus far I've done two cycles
      using regular techniques and am working towards learning a lot... with
      the plan of taking small baby steps to progress towards a do-nothing
      farming style. Most of the work today is overlooked by my dad who
      stays 30 kms away from the farm. I pay occasional visits. I'm planning
      to put up a rain water harvesting pit and plant a few trees. So as you
      can clearly gather, I'm just getting started on my tiny patch of land
      :)

      That said, I do have a reasonably low maintenance kitchen garden (700
      sq.ft.) at my home in Bangalore built to be organic since the last 4
      years and has been growing useful vegetables only very recently (~6
      months). Now, we've stopped buying chillies altogether, expecting
      about 3/4 KGs of brinjal + 3 KGs of colocasia + ~1-2KGs of tomatoes in
      another 2 weeks, that's about it. So as you can see, I'm still
      learning and experimenting :)

      You can see some of the garden photos from
      http://www.flickr.com/photos/sunson/ - There is a (visiting) cat,
      about 10+ spiders (the season is back!?), a huge rat colony and about
      60 different plant species.

      Cheers,

      -Suraj

      On Mon, Jun 22, 2009 at 10:48 AM, shan itagi<shan20itagi@...> wrote:

      > hello,
      > this is sharan patil, a natural farmer want to visit suraj kumar farm please
      > give the adress
      > thanku
      >
      > Love Cricket? Check out live scores, photos, video highlights and more.
      > Click here http://cricket.yahoo.com

      "The Greatest Shortcoming of the Human Race is
      our Inability to Understand the Exponential Function"
      Dr. Albert Bartlett