want to visit suraj farm

  • shan itagi
    Message 1 of 2 , Jun 21, 2009
      hello,
      this is sharan patil, a natural farmer want to visit suraj kumar farm please give the adress
      thanku

      Love Cricket? Check out live scores, photos, video highlights and more. Click here http://cricket.yahoo.com

    • Suraj Kumar
      Message 2 of 2 , Jun 22, 2009
        Hi Sharan,

        I don't have much going on in my farm. Thus far I've done two cycles
        using regular techniques and am working towards learning a lot... with
        the plan of taking small baby steps to progress towards a do-nothing
        farming style. Most of the work today is overlooked by my dad who
        stays 30 kms away from the farm. I pay occasional visits. I'm planning
        to put up a rain water harvesting pit and plant a few trees. So as you
        can clearly gather, I'm just getting started on my tiny patch of land
        :)

        That said, I do have a reasonably low maintenance kitchen garden (700
        sq.ft.) at my home in Bangalore built to be organic since the last 4
        years and has been growing useful vegetables only very recently (~6
        months). Now, we've stopped buying chillies altogether, expecting
        about 3/4 KGs of brinjal + 3 KGs of colocasia + ~1-2KGs of tomatoes in
        another 2 weeks, that's about it. So as you can see, I'm still
        learning and experimenting :)

        You can see some of the garden photos from
        http://www.flickr.com/photos/sunson/ - There is a (visiting) cat,
        about 10+ spiders (the season is back!?), a huge rat colony and about
        60 different plant species.

        Cheers,

        -Suraj

        On Mon, Jun 22, 2009 at 10:48 AM, shan itagi<shan20itagi@...> wrote:

        > hello,
        > this is sharan patil, a natural farmer want to visit suraj kumar farm please
        > give the adress
        > thanku
        >
        > Love Cricket? Check out live scores, photos, video highlights and more.
        > Click here http://cricket.yahoo.com

        "The Greatest Shortcoming of the Human Race is
        our Inability to Understand the Exponential Function"
        Dr. Albert Bartlett