Re: Use of seaweed & fish in natural farming...

  • grannis04
    Message 1 of 3 , Jun 18, 2009
      To Frank and all,

      I have used seaweed gathered at the high water line to add to the soil. If it is gathered after a heavy rain some salt is washed out. I have used it as a mulch for potatoes with good results. Plants do respond to seaweed but I would be concerned with over use because of the salt accumulation in the soil. There is a seaweed gardening culture historically in Newfoundland, Canada. Steve G.