New worl order and the massive metods of production

  • comecoagulos
    Message 1 of 2 , Jun 18, 2009
      Hi people, have you seen these films available in googlevideo:

      We feed the world, Le monde selon Monsanto and Zeitgesit (I &II)

      My plantas grow slowy, but they are most resistant to the water shortage.
      Greetings to all and excuse my english
    • Suraj Kumar
      Message 2 of 2 , Jun 22, 2009
        Hi Comecoagulos,

        Is "Le Monde selon Monsanto" the same as "The World according to
        Monsanto"? I watched it and its pretty enlightening to know Monsanto's
        ways of controlling the World's foods. As Mr.Kissinger once said
        "Control a nation's oil supply and you control the country's
        government, control their food and you control the country's
        population".

        Zeitgeist is an awesome movie too. But is of little significance to
        this mailing list, I think. Though I know what you're getting at... ;)

        One really feels powerless in front of corporations like Monsanto.
        However, most tend to underestimate modern society's reliance on
        fossil fuels a bit too much. That's where the System's strength has
        been thus far ... and that's where its demise is going to be.

        Just take modern Industrially produced food : needs cheap energy and
        cheap fossil fuel based chemicals (from
        fertilizer/pesticides/mechanised farming to the just-in-time economic
        model aimed at high efficiency using transportation powered by cheap
        fuel). Today, fish caught in Argentina is filleted and canned in China
        and comes to the US to be sold at the Mal Warts - and at every step of
        this chain, there is dependence on (what has been thus far) cheap
        energy.

        When energy prices soar, the free market far from coming up with an
        effective solution called "Alternative Energy" will send a lot of
        these connecting elements bankrupt allowing only those who can afford
        to encourage the alternative.

        This method of food production won't last long post peaking of world
        oil production - whether peak oil has already happened (World oil
        production has stayed flat since 2005 and prices rallied until last
        year's historic crash from $147/bbl) or whether its going to happen in
        10 years... this can't go on forever. Ultimately, a large beast like
        Monsanto might come down to it's knees much like the woolly mammoth...
        whose thick fur allowed it to survive and rule the planet during the
        ice age... was the cause of the mammoth's extinction when the planet
        started warming. Strength is Weakness.

        Related inspiring movies:
        1. "Global Gardener" - 4 series documentary by Bill Mollison, the
        founder of Permaculture principles and practices.
        2. "The power of community" - how Cuba had to produce food locally
        after the soviet collapsed and it had huge oil supply issues and trade
        embargos imposed by the USA (and pro-USA nations). Interestingly, the
        sector that got affected as soon as Cuba's oil supplies were affected
        was the Agriculture sector.

        ... Talking about Monsanto, did you know about the "Doomsday" Seed
        Vault? http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Svalbard_Global_Seed_Vault
        (Monsanto, Du Pont, Standard Oil Company and a lot of 'related' others
        funded this vault).

        Cheers,

        -Suraj

        --
        "The Greatest Shortcoming of the Human Race is
        our Inability to Understand the Exponential Function"