Permaculture Design Certificate Course, Ithaca NY 7/24-8/9, 2009

  • burns
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 17, 2009
      Less than two weeks left to receive the July 1st registration
      discount...

      FINGER LAKES PERMACULTURE INSTITUTE

      presents

      SUMMER INTENSIVE
      PERMACULTURE DESIGN CERTIFICATE COURSE
      (July 24 - August 9)

      The Finger Lakes Permaculture Institute (FLPCI) invites you to join
      its 2009
      Summer Permaculture Design Course running from July 24 through August
      9, 2009.
      This is our seventh internationally recognized certification course
      training
      people of all backgrounds to mimic natural patterns and principles in
      their
      yards, on their land, and in their homes and businesses.

      This affordable course highlights hands-on learning in the beautiful
      rural
      Cayuta Lake Valley. The class equips students with the knowledge of
      whole
      systems and the principles, techniques, and challenges of permaculture
      as a
      system of sustainable design. Our learning community explore topics
      such as
      soil regeneration, water conservation, building ponds and swales,
      managing
      woodlots, building natural and efficient homes, utilizing renewable
      energy,
      and designing gardens.

      We teach these topics though presentations, case studies, and student
      design
      projects and exercises. Our student design practicum will inform the
      final
      design of the Cayuta Sun Homestead. Instruction is augmented by
      presentations
      from local experts, field trips, and games.

      Completion of the course earns participants an internationally
      recognized
      design certificate.

      Topics include:
      Ethics - Principles - Ecology - Whole Systems - Water - Soils -
      Pattern -
      Climate - Earthworks - Forests & Trees - Economics - Governance -
      Gardening -
      Waste Treatment - Buildings - Tools - Appropriate Technology - Design -
      Practicum and more...

      $1200 includes tuition, food, and camping
      Sign up by July 1, 2009 and save $50
      Register at http://www.FingerLakesPermaculture.org

      ABOUT US

      Finger Lakes Permaculture Institute provides affordable and experiential
      learning events in the Finger Lakes bioregion of New York State. We
      offer
      Permaculture Design Certification courses and a variety of other
      programs for
      permaculture education.

      Finger Lakes Permaculture Institute
      P.O. Box 54
      Ithaca, NY 14850
      http://www.fingerlakespermaculture.org
      info@...

      ###

      Finger Lakes Permaculture Institute online:
      http://www.fingerlakespermaculture.org/
      http://www.flxpermaculture.net/page/Finger+Lakes+Permaculture+Institute
      http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=123098150122