Re: where to start

  • Lee
    Message 1 of 2 , Jun 15, 2009
      --- In fukuoka_farming@yahoogroups.com, "wendynogs" <wendynogs@...> wrote:

      > Hi all i just got my first allotment, and while surfing for info re raised beds i came across synergistic gardening and WOW i am blown away i know would like to have a go but am unsure where to start are there some clear guidelines about the processes involved do you start using manure if anyone could clarify this for me in a very simple format i would be very grateful
      > Thank You Wendy

      I have read about synergistic agriculture also. I you follow the Fukuoka ideals, no large batches of manure would be added. Manure is only deposited by the animals that poop in the area. That's about it.

      Synergistic agriculture seems to be the most natural method of growing vegetables in an organized "row" manner. Fukuoka writes about semi-wild planting of vegetables, or planting them in the orchard. I still am not convinced that I could grow a variety of vegetables by direct seeding, or using seed balls in a grassy area. I need to try it, but maybe I need to learn more also. Fukuoka has the growing of grain and fruit trees mastered.