Re: [fukuoka_farming] Free manual Extensive Organic Beekeeping Inspired as taught by Masanobu Fukuoka

  • Dieter Brand
    Message 1 of 6 , May 7 9:23 PM
      Oscar,

      Welcome! I will download your manual when I go to town; from home my
      Internet is too slow.

      I have a question here right for you. There is a bee swarm that has
      been hovering over our land for a couple of days. They are obviously
      looking for a new place to settle. I guess it will be too late now to
      go and buy a beehive, but I wonder about the next time, how can I make
      them settle in my beehive? I have seen local farmers standing below a
      swarm throwing a bundle of cloth at it to make them come down and
      settle. I never saw that it actually worked though.

      Is this the right way of doing it? Or is there a better way (perhaps
      involving color, sound, smells, etc.)? Is it safe to do or do I risk
      being stung by numerous bees?

      Dieter Brand
      Portugal
    • Oscar Perone
      Message 2 of 6 , May 7 10:21 PM
        Hi Dieter
        The following text is translated by software.
        Sorry for the mistakes.

        Put a hive with one or two frames that have been breeding and fill the other
        frames with wax.

        If you do not have any of this, put a hive with all their empty frames, are
        equal.
        Happens that there were frames where breeding is easier than entering

        Follow the advice in my manual.
        Where all your questions answered.

        Has a translation into Portuguese if you click on the flag of your country.
        Anyway, if you have any questions contact me I am available to you all.

        God bless you

        Oscar

        --
        Oscar Perone

        Celular: +54 011 1532837346
        oscarperone@...
        Skype: oscarperone
        Blog: http://oscarperone.blogspot.com

      • gunther1753
        Message 3 of 6 , May 8 10:12 AM
          --- In fukuoka_farming@yahoogroups.com, Oscar Perone <oscarperone@...> wrote:
          >Hi Oscar/Dieter
          beekeeping, like NF seems to be a local affair. what works in one place, doesnt work everywhere.
          Oscar, your methods remind me of biodynamic demeter beekeeping.
          personally, i dont like to use frames, according to some, they are partially to blame for the rise of brood disease in the last century.
          in japan there is a traditional way to keep bees, very similar to the warre system, where bees can build their own combs, and no foundation is used.
          regards guenther

          Message 4 of 6 , May 8 10:42 AM
            The following text is translated by software.
            Sorry for the mistakes.

            Hi Gunther !
            You are right. It's like what he says.
            But please notice that the BIG difference is the space they offer to bees
            and how.

            Please see my blog for better details.
            Please see my blog to see more detail, it would be too long to explain
            here.
            Thank you for your message.

            God bless you

            Oscar Perone

            Message 5 of 6 , May 9 12:58 PM
              --- In fukuoka_farming@yahoogroups.com, Oscar Perone <oscarperone@...> wrote:
              >Hi Dieter
              since you speak japanese, this link about traditional beekeeping in japan might be of interest to you:
              http://www.h6.dion.ne.jp/~kansatu/index.html
              regards guenther