American Fukuokan Farms

  • Robert Monie
    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 30, 2009
      Hi,

      Mark Cain, who studied with both Alan Chadwick and Fukuoka, set up a farm along Fukuokan lines near Fayetteville, Arkansas, and then experimented with Emelia Hazelip's raised bed design.  Neither of these approaches quite worked, and he, like Fukuoka's son, gradually drifted more into the "organic" category in order to reach production goals. Cain and his son continue to run Dripping Springs Gardens, about 50 miles east of Fayetteville, but they make no specific "natural farming" claims for it so far as I know.

      See http://drippingspringsgarden.com/aboutus.html

      Helen Atthowe tries to incorporate some Fukuokan principles in her Biodesign Farm in
      Stevensville, Montana, but doesn't emphasize this in her advertising.

      See http://www.homegrownmontana.org/biodesign.html

      Bob Monie
      New Orleans, LA
      USA