Video, India course, Anastasia, and more

  • Marieke
    Message 1 of 2 , Sep 6 7:37 AM
      Dear everyone,

      First of all I want to thank you all for your contributions to
      this list. I am very glad to have discovered you recently, since I
      feel great affinity with the topics coming up and the vivid discussion
      style. After having followed your correspondence for a while, I now
      have some questions and remarks.

      Reading your interesting references to the course in India being
      held soon, I've become very curious to know more and to take part, if
      possible. I will be very glad if you can tell me where I can learn
      more about the programme, the location, the conditions for
      participation and how to apply. Thanks for any hints or info!

      I agree with both the uses and restrictions of academic training.
      Since several years, I have an MSc in Forestry, with accent on natural
      forest ecology and ecological agriculture/permaculture. More in
      despite of than thanks to my study I got involved in the idea of
      natural land use, but I'm sure that the combination of a sound
      scientifical approach with the principles and practices of natural
      land use would be very fruitful.
      For a while I've been a PhD student in Russia, trying to link
      science and practice together in a study, named 'the scientific bases
      of multifunctional forest use' (after months of discussion on a
      formulation of the research theme that satisfied both me and my
      supervisor, who was willing to learn, but not familiar with the
      concept). The result after one year: from the academy there is more
      understanding and the believe that there is something important in the
      whole subject matter, but no relevant support or actual research
      results.

      At the moment I'm reconsidering whether I will continue this study,
      because a traditional forest academy is probably not the right place
      for this kind of questions. But what is? Agriculturalists, even
      organic, usually send me away with the excuse they don't know anything
      about trees or nature, and nature conservationists get scared when you
      want to manage the land with the purpose of using its produce.

      I'm hoping to find an inspiring occupation in natural (forest)
      farming, varying from the practical, and experimental, work on a
      farming project to a scientific research position.
      So, I'll be glad to hear of any exceptions in the scientific world to
      the scenario I outlined above, especially if there is a possibility to
      co-operate with them. Furthermore I appreciate your suggestions on
      practical projects or farms that welcome new participants anywhere in
      the world.

      One example I know of is the Schumacher College in the UK, offering
      a full MSc course and many shorter courses in deep ecology,
      permaculture, sustainable technologies and related topics, led by
      world famous scientists and activists. Worthwhile, but expensive.

      About the title of the mysterious Fukuoka video:
      The name you mentioned, "The Great Way has No Gates", is the literal
      translation of the title of the German version of the "One straw"
      book, namely "Der grosse Weg hat kein Tor". (and probably more like
      the original Japanese title.) I don't know of the existence of a Dutch
      version, but that would look like "De grote weg heeft geen poort". I
      hope this may be of some help.

      If you have any suggestions where to search for the origin of the
      video, in The Netherlands or Germany, I could try to find out. Would
      also appreciate any other suggestions on people or projects in these
      countries, related to the ideas of Fukuoka.

      If anyone is interested in Fukuoka's books in German: they are
      published by and probably easily available from "Pala-Verlag" in
      Darmstadt, Germany. http://www.pala-verlag.de
      (They mention an original copyright by Fukuoka, and the rights for the
      German prints are theirs.)

      I want to make you attentive to some new movement:
      Besides permaculture, bio-dynamics and do-nothing farming, in recent
      years very similar ideas have started to spread from another origin:
      Anastasia. She is a young woman, living a very extraordinary life in
      the deep forests of Siberia, without any civilization as we know
      it. She has a very intense contact with nature and very deep
      understanding of the creation, cosmic rhythms, universal connections.
      Derived from this, she has amazing powers and incredible insights in
      the history, the presence and the future of human civilization.
      Furthermore, she also has clarifying, interesting views and very
      pracitcal advises about gardening and our relation to plants and the
      Earth, about food and health, about children, and much more.
      Her life, her vision and her knowledge are described in a series of
      books, called 'the ringing cedars of Russia', seen through the eyes of
      Vladimir Megre, a man who first met her in 1994. Since then, they are
      a family and have a sun, who is now seven years old. The author visits
      them in the taiga forests from time to time and writes about his
      hard-to-imagine experiences in the continuing series.
      The books are being translated in English. The first book, simply
      called 'Anastasia', is published by the Russian firm "Dilya".
      If you are interested, I can give some more information or links.
      There are German translations of the first five books (out of six),
      published by Wega Verlag, who are also working on the French edition.
      E-mail: wega@...

      A last question: I tried to have a look at the list archives, but I
      didn't manage to get access to them. Sorry for this - probably stupid-
      question, but do you have any advises?

      May your activities be blessed!
      With love and light,
      Marieke

      hmcieremans@...
    • Sameer Mohan
      Message 2 of 2 , Sep 7 5:54 AM
        For the coure directly contact..www.bijavidyapith.org..its a cllege on afarm
        in A city called dehradun...250kmnorth of Delhi...ina valley in Himalyas.

        I think the course sarts on 28th in delhi with Albert Howard Lectures and
        then moves to this rural Farm...you can contact them directly......I just
        kne that it sia great setting fo rthe LIkes of fukuoka with Natural Farming
        philosophy...I live basically in the same area......so know a littler abou
        it...Ms Shiva is ofcourse one of the forcesbehind this college and the
        course....