Re: Books by Masanobu Fukuoka

  • strawrevolution
    Message 1 of 4 , Sep 5, 2002
      I, too, "wish to see Fukuoka's ideas reach as wide an audience as possible," and I'm okay with the electronic versions being posted here. I even have another link for your access list: Touchwood Books www.touchwoodbooks.co.nz

      The source of the Fukuoka books that I carry is indeed India. Partap Aggarwal, in his preface to One Straw, Other India Press, states that he "wrote and obtained [Rodale Press'] permission to print an Indian edition for a nominal royalty." He got to know both Fukuoka and Robert Rodale, and they gave permission to encourage translation of One Straw into various Indian languages. Road Back to Nature and Natural Way of Farming are published by bookventure "by arrangement with Japan Publications, Inc. of Tokyo and New York." I don't know if Fukuoka benefits from these arrangements or not. Perhaps he would be open to reissuing US editions. Is anyone who will see him in October willing to bring it up?

      I'm not really a book store per se, though I used to own one and have a knack for finding hard to find books. My wife and I live a long way down a bad dirt road in the middle of nowhere between Santa Fe and Albuquerque, New Mexico, USA. My business involves Sustainable Building (emphasis on straw bale), Renewable Energy (solar/wind), Distributed Generation (house by house grid tied solar/wind "green" power), and Energy Conservation (effecient appliances, etc.). For me, Fukuoka's work is a piece, a very important piece, of a bigger picture.