Reply to Sunderason (Picasa web album)

  • Raju Titus
    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 13 1:14 AM
      Dear friend,
      (1)Green gram is English for Moong(Hindi).We irrigate 2-3 times in a
      season. The demand of irrigation is reducing due to increase in water
      holding capacity of soil. Plowing reduces water holding capacity. The
      tilled fine soil become mud and this mud do not allow rain water to go
      in.The capillaries made by many insects,worms and small animals are
      broken by plowing. Water not go in and flow fast and takes most of
      the top soil .As per Fukuoka 50% strength of soil go in just one time
      plowing. Scientists calculated 10 to 15 tones of top soil washed /
      acre/ year.
      (2) There is no weed problem in Fukuoka way. Weed problem is directly
      related with plowing and fertilization. Soil wants green cover for
      many reasons we disturbing therefore nature sends many strong
      weeds.Instead of removing or uprooting or cutting I found bending is
      best just keep green cover. Green cover keeps top soil cool which hold
      moisture (water vapours).
      Thanks
      Raju