Re: [fukuoka_farming] RE: Move Out Of IT

  • Nandan Palaparambil
    Message 1 of 17 , Apr 11 10:51 PM
      Sundaresan,

      I hope we will be able to make some changes in the society once we move to farming. It is good that many are coming to natural farming profession so that we can have a community and discuss how to take it forward.

      Have you reached a stage where you can live from the income from farm?

      Keep in touch..

      Regards,
      Nandan

      From: Nandan Palaparambil <p_k_nandanan@ yahoo.com>

      To: fukuoka_farming@ yahoogroups. com

      Date: Friday, April 10, 2009, 11:35 AM

      Hi Enzo,

      Nice to read your thoughts on moving out of IT....

      I have been seeing a number of people from IT following this way, including me (in another 1 year). Partly this is because of the economic freedom which IT was giving, once you have enough money to buy a land which can sustain you. Another reason is the work pressure and people want to do some thing less hectic for a living.

      I have talked to couple of them who had taken this step. In some of the cases, their families are not still tune with their thinking, so it causes some issues at least in the beginning which may get resolved after some time. Some felt a community of like minded people may be better.

      Also the way things go now tells that a life which has roots in farming and produces their own food is the best. Another thing which makes me sick is the developments happening and villages slowly turning to towns and then finally become cities.. and all natural resources gets wiped out...Recently I was reading "Village Swaraj (self-rule and self-restraint) " by Gandhi and he was for an all village life without cities where all villages are self sufficient in food, clothing, health etc.. and minimal purchases from outside. I was fascinated by these ideas..

      Regards,

      Nandan

      From: Vincenzo Imparato <vincenzo1881@ yahoo.com>

      Subject: [fukuoka_farming] RE: Move Out Of IT

      To: fukuoka_farming@ yahoogroups. com

      Date: Wednesday, April 8, 2009, 11:15 AM

      Thank you All for the replies

      I am more prone to move to Portugal (continental) -- better would be The Azores

      or Madeira islands -- then The Americas but as mentioned depends on many

      factors.

      Of course, I am ready to undergo an apprenticing or whatever scholarship is

      needed but since I am not 20 any more I have to multitask namely: learning,

      working, earning…the suffice to pay tax/bills and enjoy the nature.

      I am not interested in doing a business out of it, whit balance sheets and so.

      Also could be a no-profit organization whit minimal accounting, etc.

      So please keep on with suggestions, also contact me privately, if you wish, for

      any offer (business, partnership etc. you name it) any question will answered!

      I would really appreciate if you spread out my request among your acquaintances

      by words of mouth, it can be of mutual advantage, thanks

      Enzo

      Cheshire Enlgand