if you've ever wondered what the heck is going on in that guys garden

  • michael hollihn
    Message 1 of 2 , Apr 11, 2009
      hello beloved family of mine,
      if you've ever wondered why i'm doing what i'm doing, or if you are
      interested in issues of sustainability and food security, i was
      interviewed this winter by a small radio station in vancouver that was
      interested in the concept of natural farming (while at uvic i studied
      food security and top-soil erosion; natural farming, permaculture, and
      biodynamic farming are 3 evolving systems of farming that challenge
      current organic and non-organic methods)...please share this link with
      anyone you know who might be interested and, if you are one of the few
      to still have a few extra sheckles rattling around in your pocket,
      help support the radio station, they are doing a great service....here
      is the link
      love michael

      http://www.radio4all.net/index.php/program/32699

      --
      michael hollihn,
      british columbia,
      Message 2 of 2 , Apr 11, 2009
        Just to throw a wrench in the works a.k.a. stir up another conversation -
        I have thought for a very long time that the best thing we could do in North
        America in regards to meat production is to tear down the fences in a huge
        swath of the Great Plains, from Texas to the Plains of Canada, and seed them
        with the original prairie flora, ALL the original prairie flora, then when
        that takes hold well, replace the bison, antelope, elk, etc., and let them
        go for it. We had, at one time, somewhere near a billion bison roaming the
        plains freely! What idiots those early Americans were to so foolishly wipe
        out that incredible herd. It makes me want to slap someone. But, what if
        we actually DID something like that? I know of someone in my own hometown
        here in Ohio who actually OWNS something like 250,000 acres in the state of
        Montana! It is sandwiched between Glacier National Park to the North, and
        BLM land to the South. That is an enormous swath of pretty much untouched
        wilderness. But the problem with extending a swath from north to south in
        Canada and the US is "MINE" - greed. I suppose that idea is just a
        pipedream.

        Any thoughts?

        Frank