Re: [fukuoka_farming] Land needed per family

  • Damodara Das
    Message 1 of 7 , Apr 5, 2009
      Dea Raju,
      We are going to use NF only as its the only self-sustainable way.

      Could you please send the calculations to support that 1/4 Acre is sufficient per family?

      You may send calculations as per the pattern sent by me.

      Thankyou,
      Damodara Das.

      ________________________________
      Message 2 of 7 , Apr 7, 2009
        Dear Damodeaji,
        What I want to say is that One cow is equivalent to one family of 5 to
        6 member as per Fukuoka. But in India with cow One acre is sufficient.
        Thanks
        Raju

      • Nandan Palaparambil
        Message 3 of 7 , Apr 9, 2009
          Hi Damodar,

          Here is another calculation of land requirement for a family of 5 by late Prof. Dhabolkar. According to this 10,000 sq ft (1/4 th of an acre) is enough for a family of 5 from the energy calculation point.  This project is called as 10 Guntha experiment and there are couple of locations where this experiment is going on..

          I have bought 6 acres of land even though I am aware of this calculation, because a sudden change to a different life style becomes difficult.

          Here are some links related to

          http://www.prayogpariwar.net/pros20.htm
          http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/articlesho/3792144.cms

          http://www.boloji.com/wfs6/2008/wfs1173.htm

          1 One
          man needs 2500 Kilo Cal.

          2 Solar energy gives 1250 Kilo Cal per Sq. ft. Per day eight hours.

          3 Matured green leaves harvest only 1% of it.

          4 So 100 sq. ft. for one meal.

          5 We need food as well as some firewood, cloth, oil etc. it comes to 1400
          Sq.ft.

          We live in a family of five members per family so 7000 Sq.ft

          6 We also need shelter and water each requires 1000 Sq.ft.

          7 Storing place and free place for play 500 Sq.ft. for each Total 10,000

          Regards,
          Nandan