Re: [fukuoka_farming] Land needed per family

  • Damodara Das
    Message 1 of 7 , Apr 5 11:44 PM
      Dea Raju,
      We are going to use NF only as its the only self-sustainable way.

      Could you please send the calculations to support that 1/4 Acre is sufficient per family?

      You may send calculations as per the pattern sent by me.

      Thankyou,
      Damodara Das.

      ________________________________
      Message 2 of 7 , Apr 6 3:32 AM
        Hi,

        HTH

        http://earth.org.in/index.php?page=RTN

        --- In fukuoka_farming@yahoogroups.com, Damodara Das <damodara.bvks@...> wrote:

        > Dear Friends
        >
        > I am Damodara from Tamil Nadu, INDIA.
        > I wanted to know how much land
        > is required for growing all the basic needs of a family of 5 persons
        > which includes - Food, grass for cows, Oil for lighting, Wood for fuel,
        > cotton for clothes............
        > <<<<<SNIP>>>>>
      • Raju Titus
        Message 3 of 7 , Apr 7 12:23 AM
          Dear Damodeaji,
          What I want to say is that One cow is equivalent to one family of 5 to
          6 member as per Fukuoka. But in India with cow One acre is sufficient.
          Thanks
          Raju

        • Nandan Palaparambil
          Message 4 of 7 , Apr 9 8:01 PM
            Hi Damodar,

            Here is another calculation of land requirement for a family of 5 by late Prof. Dhabolkar. According to this 10,000 sq ft (1/4 th of an acre) is enough for a family of 5 from the energy calculation point.  This project is called as 10 Guntha experiment and there are couple of locations where this experiment is going on..

            I have bought 6 acres of land even though I am aware of this calculation, because a sudden change to a different life style becomes difficult.

            Here are some links related to

            http://www.prayogpariwar.net/pros20.htm
            http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/articlesho/3792144.cms

            http://www.boloji.com/wfs6/2008/wfs1173.htm

            1 One
            man needs 2500 Kilo Cal.

            2 Solar energy gives 1250 Kilo Cal per Sq. ft. Per day eight hours.

            3 Matured green leaves harvest only 1% of it.

            4 So 100 sq. ft. for one meal.

            5 We need food as well as some firewood, cloth, oil etc. it comes to 1400
            Sq.ft.

            We live in a family of five members per family so 7000 Sq.ft

            6 We also need shelter and water each requires 1000 Sq.ft.

            7 Storing place and free place for play 500 Sq.ft. for each Total 10,000

            Regards,
            Nandan