Re: Shall We Go Bearing Gifts?

  • gate44o
    Message 1 of 5 , Sep 2, 2002
      Definitely.

      The first thing that comes to mind would be a small statue of the
      shinto farming god. Remember in one of the books when he talks about
      the shinto farming god's strange tool that everyone thought was
      something else when it turns it out it was a musical instrument for
      playing while letting nature grow the food.

      I can't remember more off hand, but that's my vote.

      Good idea Bob, as usual.

      Leland

      --- In fukuoka_farming@y..., Robert Monie <bobm20001@y...> wrote:

      > When members of our group attend Fukuoka's presentation in India
      this October, should they present Fukuoka-san with a gift as a token
      of our admiration?

      > In Japanese culture, such a gift is important. It need not (indeed
      should not) be of great monetary value, but should be carefully chosen
      to show good will and appreciation.

      > If the visiting members (how many are there?) think this is a good
      idea, then what would constitute an appropriate gift?