Re: Shall We Go Bearing Gifts?

  • hyderabadee
    Message 1 of 5 , Sep 1, 2002
      But, then, isn't carrying seeds from one country to another illegal? I
      mean, without going through 'proper channels'. I don't think anyone on
      this group, not already in India, would like getting caught by the
      customs officers at the port of entry in India if there are laws
      against bringing in seeds from another country. Make sure about this
      before taking such a gift.

      vasanth
      Moderator, NaturalFarmingInIndia
      http://groups.yahoo.com/group/NaturalFarmingInIndia/

      --- In fukuoka_farming@y..., "Sameer Mohan" <sameermohan@v...> wrote:
      > Yah seeds is good idea..as I had seen fukuoka collecting or rather
      maybe
      > observing seeds of Guava on his visit to India in
      !987-88.......though I
      > think he hates the whole aspect of seed piracy...
      >
      > Samy
    • gate44o
      Message 2 of 5 , Sep 2, 2002
        Definitely.

        The first thing that comes to mind would be a small statue of the
        shinto farming god. Remember in one of the books when he talks about
        the shinto farming god's strange tool that everyone thought was
        something else when it turns it out it was a musical instrument for
        playing while letting nature grow the food.

        I can't remember more off hand, but that's my vote.

        Good idea Bob, as usual.

        Leland

        --- In fukuoka_farming@y..., Robert Monie <bobm20001@y...> wrote:

        > When members of our group attend Fukuoka's presentation in India
        this October, should they present Fukuoka-san with a gift as a token
        of our admiration?

        > In Japanese culture, such a gift is important. It need not (indeed
        should not) be of great monetary value, but should be carefully chosen
        to show good will and appreciation.

        > If the visiting members (how many are there?) think this is a good
        idea, then what would constitute an appropriate gift?