Re: [fukuoka_farming] Shall We Go Bearing Gifts?

  • Sameer Mohan
    Message 1 of 5 , Aug 31, 2002
      Yah seeds is good idea..as I had seen fukuoka collecting or rather maybe
      observing seeds of Guava on his visit to India in !987-88.......though I
      think he hates the whole aspect of seed piracy...

      Samy
      Message 2 of 5 , Sep 1, 2002
        But, then, isn't carrying seeds from one country to another illegal? I
        mean, without going through 'proper channels'. I don't think anyone on
        this group, not already in India, would like getting caught by the
        customs officers at the port of entry in India if there are laws
        against bringing in seeds from another country. Make sure about this
        before taking such a gift.

        vasanth
        Moderator, NaturalFarmingInIndia
        http://groups.yahoo.com/group/NaturalFarmingInIndia/

        --- In fukuoka_farming@y..., "Sameer Mohan" <sameermohan@v...> wrote:
        > Yah seeds is good idea..as I had seen fukuoka collecting or rather
        maybe
        > observing seeds of Guava on his visit to India in
        !987-88.......though I
        > think he hates the whole aspect of seed piracy...
        >
        > Samy
      • gate44o
        Message 3 of 5 , Sep 2, 2002
          Definitely.

          The first thing that comes to mind would be a small statue of the
          shinto farming god. Remember in one of the books when he talks about
          the shinto farming god's strange tool that everyone thought was
          something else when it turns it out it was a musical instrument for
          playing while letting nature grow the food.

          I can't remember more off hand, but that's my vote.

          Good idea Bob, as usual.

          Leland

          --- In fukuoka_farming@y..., Robert Monie <bobm20001@y...> wrote:

          > When members of our group attend Fukuoka's presentation in India
          this October, should they present Fukuoka-san with a gift as a token
          of our admiration?

          > In Japanese culture, such a gift is important. It need not (indeed
          should not) be of great monetary value, but should be carefully chosen
          to show good will and appreciation.