wood chips continued....

  • garden03048
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 1 5:04 PM
      I have been using wood chips for years as mulch around perennial
      flowers. Seems to do a lot of good, and I have never noticed any
      problems. I do simply put it on the soil, I don't mix it in.

      Unfortunately, we now have a power plant in the area burning chips to
      produce electricity, making it harder to find chips. A few years ago
      they were selling for $7 a cubic yard. They quickly went up to $27 or
      $30 a yard and last year were hard to find at all. When good ideas get
      around, prices go up......

      anthony Massachusetts, zone 5