Re: [fukuoka_farming] Pesticides in fruits

  • Venkat Rao Jaladi
    Message 1 of 7 , Mar 1, 2009

      Dear Damodara das

      I have no idea how much content pesticide residue is there in the fruits you have asked. I personally we all know that pesticide residues are having a lot of effect on the human health no matter they are in high in residue or low. I better prefer if we can buy the fruits with our local farmers who are growing natural way. I am sure there will be somebody around our area. it is waste of our time discussing about these chemicals and pesticides. the reason  is we know that they are harmful. Instead we think about our natural farming and follow it and grow the best product for our familys and for the society.

      Message 2 of 7 , Mar 2, 2009
        Are these research experiment results applicable in India also?
        Here in Gujarat, India, the local farmers report many opposite results in terms of pesticide sprays.
        For example, the local farmers here report maximum sprays in Eggplant, Cauliflower, Cabbage which is opposite to the result of environmental working group.
        Also for Spinach, Carrot local farmers here report very less sprays which is contrary to the research.

        Waiting for your reply.
        Damodar Das
        +91 9426577317