Re: [fukuoka_farming] About small farms in India

  • Nandan Palaparambil
    Message 1 of 9 , Mar 1 12:27 PM
      Arjun,

      Here is addresses/phone numbers of  the some of the farmers whom you can visit. Some of these are not natural farmers, but definitely organic farmers.

      Gopi.K.V
      =======
      Mobile - 9447644358
      Land line - 0490-2385286

      You can find some details about him - http://talent-kerala.net/previous/2006/sep/21.htm. Articles about him was there in different agriculture magazines after he won the Karshakashree award.

      He is making a living  from the income from the land, and also pays the for the EMI for the loans he had taken for purchasing the land and as well as for agriculture. So you will be able to get an idea, how a family is able to manage with income from the farm, doing integrated farming.

      Iyyunni
      =====
      Anthikad,
      Trichur
      Mobile - 9249929231
      Land line - 0487-2272328

      He is an old person who started NF when he was fed up chemical based farming because of the high cost. He has mainly cocount,banana,arecanut, vegetables etc.. He does not bring anything from outside,but just uses mulching and try to grow some thing in every inch of land.

      Soorya Narayanan
      ==============
      Thenur,
      Ottappalam,
      Palakkad
      Land line - 0491-2856117

      He mainly cultivates coconuts, banana, vegetables etc..He does not irrigate his coconut trees, which is very rare in Kerala. He also completely follows the natural farming principles. He mentioned to me, continous coverage is required for NF paddy cultivation and also cow is not effective in NF...

      Krishnappa Dasappa Gowda
      =====================
      Bannur, Tq- T. Narsipura, Dt- Mysore
      08227-275162, 9880587545

      He follows zero budget farming methods of Subhash Palekar. But he grows lots of vegetables, coconut, arecanut, paddy, sugar cane and good mix of intercropping.

      Narayana Reddy
      ============

      Marelanahalli,
      Doddaballapur,
      Bangalore
      9343533632
      9367713963

      He is a famous organic farmer in Karnataka. He mostly follows the NF, but some times uses cow dung etc. His farm in White field was visited by Fukuoka.

      There will be some farms which belongs to the people of this list, which I haven't addressed.

      Regards,
      Nandan

      Message 2 of 9 , Mar 1 5:00 PM
        Dear Nandan,

        Thanx very much. In March end i will be in Kerala, so will try & meet these inspiring souls !!

        bye for now,

[...]

        Get your new Email address!