a balance of animals and plants, bacteria and ferment

  • michael hollihn
    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 20, 2009
      hello,
      good engaging conversation,
      can vegans coexist with animals if there is symbiosis?
      my feelings are extreme veganism is a reaction, not a response,
      all labels eventually divide and conquer,
      can be sensible to balance our present moment with plants, animals and
      the smaller bacteria?
      at the end of the day what gives us the right to lord over plants and
      control/eat them any more than an animal?
      i'm getting off topic, my suggestion/thought (without mental position)
      is to balance and harmonize,
      from my experiments thus far it seems that the soil and the plants
      like a pourous assembly of carbon and nitrogen based materials that
      are decomposing/evolving with the help of bacteria, oxygen, and
      water....this ferment can be accomplished with manure from animals and
      humans (smaller animals and worms being the sensible choices), urine
      from animals and humans (smaller animals seem better choice), AND
      plants...the biodynamic recipes come to mind....i have used nettle,
      comfrey and alfalfa tea ferments with very good results at increasing
      bacterial breakdown in the soil dynamic....
      with these three ammendments in our toolbox...can we not live in
      harmony and give a good life to animals AND plants (chickens, ducks,
      geese being the smaller friends to help) and learn how to maximize the
      bacterial ferment? we are all friends to the farm and there will
      always be fences/boundaries to our freedom....there is still freedom
      with fences and boundaries

      --
      Michael Hollihn
      www.michaelhollihn.wordpress.com (bioregional timber frames)