RE: [fukuoka_farming] message to Fukuoka

  • jamie nicol
    Message 1 of 2 , Aug 27, 2002
      Thanks Kristi, it looks like a wonderful course that any one attending can
      only learn and be inspired.
      You're right, Vandana Shiva is an extraordinary woman, I heard her first on
      the BBC delivering the Reith lectures I think. Powerful and utterly
      reasonable in the face of globalisation and chemical agriculture. I've just
      discovered she has her own website which is well worth exploring. It reminds
      me of just how much good work is going on in India. While the middle classes
      of India are expanding and demanding an ever more western lifestyle, there
      is still an alternative culture to the West there, a bulwark against some of
      our more technologically inspired madness.

      Jamie
      Souscayrous