Re: Controlling Mosquitoes with Plants or other Natural Products.

  • Arlo
    Message 1 of 11 , Feb 10, 2009
      Hi Ed,
      Here is SE Asia we grow Lemongrass around our house. It has been said to me that this
      helps deter mosquitoes. I can't say for sure if it does or not because we planted them
      when we built our house and I can't be sure if it would be any different without them. We
      do have fish, frogs, dragonflies and bats around so this might also be the real reason we
      have so few. When the grass gets to tall we give it a haircut and burn it, I know first hand
      that the burning of it helps and know other people who do the same. You kinda have to
      burn a lot though. If your in a city or town this might not set well with your neighbors...
      Good luck. Arlo