Re: [fukuoka_farming] Re: Planting Moong and Rice

  • Raju Titus
    Message 1 of 8 , Jan 26, 2009
      Dear friend,Dayjeen,
      Moong is pulse known as Green gram.In India it is used as protein food. It
      is leguminous provide nitrogen to soil.

      Thanks
      Raju
      Fukuoka farming of rice is possible with white clover . white clover is
      leguminous it control weeds,provide nitrogen,maintain moisture , provide
      organic matter, control pest and insects. .Generally people first
      tilling,than making mud and transplant rice seedlings etc. With white clover
      there is no need of all these activity.But white clover is not available in
      our area. I am using subabul or Moong instead of white clover.
      Thanks
      Raju