outreach

  • grannis04
    Message 1 of 23 , Jan 31, 2009
      To All,
      I'm wondering if anyone has had experience with giving talks
      about Natural Farming to the greater community? Have organic gardening
      groups hosted anyone? The economic aspects of NF could be what some
      gardener/ farmers are looking for. The soil amendments of which there
      are many are expensive. $90 for a small load of manure and organic
      farmers can't get enough for their farms. NF can produce food without
      any fossil fuels. This is enough in itself but the combined benefits
      of soil and human health makes NF the natural choice. If seed saving
      is used as well the system is dynamic and complete.
      Appreciate feedback/advice.. Thanks, Steve G
    • The Dark Damsel
      Message 2 of 23 , Feb 1, 2009
        I've not, formally, but I'll bet Peak Oil forums/meetings would be a
        good venue for that sort of thing. I would think that peace groups
        and social justice groups would also be interested. Food co-ops often
        have forums that are public or semi-public.

        Toastmasters is always looking for people to make speeches, especially
        if they're new to public speaking.

        -Marie in Portland, Cascadia

        --- In fukuoka_farming@yahoogroups.com, "grannis04" <grannis04@...> wrote:

        > To All,
        > I'm wondering if anyone has had experience with giving talks
        > about Natural Farming to the greater community? Have organic gardening
        > groups hosted anyone? The economic aspects of NF could be what some
        > gardener/ farmers are looking for. The soil amendments of which there
        > are many are expensive. $90 for a small load of manure and organic
        > farmers can't get enough for their farms. NF can produce food without
        > any fossil fuels. This is enough in itself but the combined benefits
        > of soil and human health makes NF the natural choice. If seed saving
        > is used as well the system is dynamic and complete.
        > Appreciate feedback/advice.. Thanks, Steve G

      • william maxwell
        Message 3 of 23 , Feb 1, 2009
          Try to find "Transition Town" groups; they deal specifically with low energy / resilient systems and base a number of their core practices on overall permaculture philosophy.  They should be quite receptive to NF, especially if it is presented as low energy / resilient.

          Message 4 of 23 , Feb 2, 2009
            Thanks to all for replies. Your suggestions are well taken.
            I believe that talks at libraries or community
            centers may be a good place to start. I would like to challenge all to
            try some out reach to your local communities. We can't change the
            world all at once but we can all do our part a piece at a time. Where
            I live is quite rural but there is a strong movement among the local
            farmers and the community to connect and establish food supply
            networks. As money becomes less available people can grow more food
            both for personal consumption and for barter. Natural
            Farming/Gardening can play an important role in producing low
            input/high yield crops.
            Thanks, Steve G
          • dayjean455
            Message 5 of 23 , Feb 2, 2009
              We're doing it in the Philippines, Steve. Specially that our small
              farmers here are really, really small.

              jean

              wrote:

              > Thanks to all for replies. Your suggestions are well taken.
              > I believe that talks at libraries or community
              > centers may be a good place to start. I would like to challenge all
              > try some out reach to your local communities. We can't change the
              > world all at once but we can all do our part a piece at a time.
              Where
              > I live is quite rural but there is a strong movement among the local
              > farmers and the community to connect and establish food supply
              > networks. As money becomes less available people can grow more food
              > both for personal consumption and for barter. Natural
              > Farming/Gardening can play an important role in producing low
              > input/high yield crops.
              > Thanks, Steve G

            • thomcprestes
              Message 6 of 23 , Feb 4, 2009
                Steve and everyone else,

                I've also been thinking about the 'outreach' of NF, and as I said in
                a previous message, I think it would be very nice to have a list of
                Natural Farms around the world...
                In order to have that, I thought about creating a website or
                something similar. Then after a while I realized it would make
                much more sense to offer help to improve an already existent website,
                such as the Fukuoka Farming Website, rather than creating a new one on
                my own.
                Therefore, I've sent an email to the Fukuoka Farming Website
                (http://fukuokafarmingol.info/) offering my help in 1) having an
                up to date list of Natural Farmers around the world, 2) keeping an
                up to date list of Meetings, Events, Courses, etc., and 3) translating
                the website into other languages.
                I still haven't got an answer, but I thought it would be a good
                thing to let you people know about all that... Perhaps some of you
                might be interested in joining forces?
                Also, if anyone has any comments, suggestions, critics, etc., I
                would be glad to listen to them.

                Thank you,

                Thomas

                --- In fukuoka_farming@yahoogroups.com, "grannis04" <grannis04@...> wrote:

                > Thanks to all for replies. Your suggestions are well taken.
                > I believe that talks at libraries or community
                > centers may be a good place to start. I would like to challenge all to
                > try some out reach to your local communities. We can't change the
                > world all at once but we can all do our part a piece at a time. Where
                > I live is quite rural but there is a strong movement among the local
                > farmers and the community to connect and establish food supply
                > networks. As money becomes less available people can grow more food
                > both for personal consumption and for barter. Natural
                > Farming/Gardening can play an important role in producing low
                > input/high yield crops.
                > Thanks, Steve G

              • grannis04
                Message 7 of 23 , Feb 4, 2009
                  Thomas, The Fukuoka web-site definitely needs an update since it's
                  been over three years since there has been any activity. You would
                  think that the passing of Fukuoka this past August would have been
                  noted. There has been increased interest in NF methods that is not
                  reflected at the web-site.
                  I would be interested in helping but I am a bit of a Luddite
                  when it comes to computer tech. I can offer reports on my own
                  experience. The suggestions you make are all good and would provide a
                  good resource for practitioners and people interested in NF. The new
                  release of "One Straw Revolution" is a sign of current interest.
                  Because Fukuoka's experience was based mostly in Japan we need the
                  input of farmers from varied climates and growing zones.
                  Good Growing, Steve

                  - In fukuoka_farming@yahoogroups.com, "thomcprestes"
                  <thomcprestes@...> wrote:

                  > Steve and everyone else,
                  >
                  > I've also been thinking about the 'outreach' of NF, and as I said in
                  > a previous message, I think it would be very nice to have a list of
                  > Natural Farms around the world...
                  > In order to have that, I thought about creating a website or
                  > something similar. Then after a while I realized it would make
                  > much more sense to offer help to improve an already existent website,
                  > such as the Fukuoka Farming Website, rather than creating a new one on
                  > my own.
                  > Therefore, I've sent an email to the Fukuoka Farming Website
                  > (http://fukuokafarmingol.info/) offering my help in 1) having an
                  > up to date list of Natural Farmers around the world, 2) keeping an
                  > up to date list of Meetings, Events, Courses, etc., and 3) translating
                  > the website into other languages.
                  > I still haven't got an answer, but I thought it would be a good
                  > thing to let you people know about all that... Perhaps some of you
                  > might be interested in joining forces?
                  > Also, if anyone has any comments, suggestions, critics, etc., I
                  > would be glad to listen to them.
                  >
                  > Thank you,
                  >
                  > Thomas
                  >

                  > --- In fukuoka_farming@yahoogroups.com, "grannis04" <grannis04@> wrote:
                  > >
                  > > Thanks to all for replies. Your suggestions are well taken.
                  > > I believe that talks at libraries or community
                  > > centers may be a good place to start. I would like to challenge all to
                  > > try some out reach to your local communities. We can't change the
                  > > world all at once but we can all do our part a piece at a time. Where
                  > > I live is quite rural but there is a strong movement among the local
                  > > farmers and the community to connect and establish food supply
                  > > networks. As money becomes less available people can grow more food
                  > > both for personal consumption and for barter. Natural
                  > > Farming/Gardening can play an important role in producing low
                  > > input/high yield crops.
                  > > Thanks, Steve G

                • Larry Haftl
                  Message 8 of 23 , Feb 6, 2009
                    Hello Thomas, Steve and everyone else,

                    I'm Larry Haftl, the creator and owner of the Fukuoka Farming website.

                    The website was created when I was living in Oregon and trying to practice
                    natural farming on a 1-acre home site. That ended a few years ago when
                    circumstances brought me back to the Chicago area with no place to
                    farm/garden. I left the website up but didn't have the time or motivation to
                    update it. Last month I got a notice that it was time to renew the domain
                    registration. I thought that by now there would be at least one or more
                    websites dealing with natural farming that were better and more popular than
                    mine. After doing some research I've found that such is not the case. I also
                    found out that, as Steve pointed out, interest in Fukuoka's methods has
                    grown significantly but Internet support for that interest has not grown.
                    The Fukuoka Farming website is still one of the most popular in this area
                    even though it has not been updated for several years.

                    What seems to be missing from both the website and the Internet is a vibrant
                    communications hub for the community of people interested in using, or at
                    least understanding Fukuoka's methods to grow food in a more sustainable and
                    enriching way. This Yahoo forum is certainly useful, but it is also limited.
                    The website was built to be an information resource rather than an active
                    communications hub. It can, however, be modified to do just that. Given the
                    persistent access to the website and the comments here in this forum, it
                    seems worthwhile to do that.

                    I've renewed the domain registration and am redesigning the website to be a
                    much more effective hub for active communication and community-building for
                    people interested in doing and using natural farming. The foundation will
                    always be the philosophy and methods of Masanobu Fukuoka, but I believe the
                    scope of the website should be expanded to include information on extending
                    and applying that foundation so that more people can adapt and incorporate
                    his methods in their practices and projects.

                    If any of you have suggestions or features and functions you think would be
                    useful in the revised website I would welcome hearing from you either
                    through this forum or through the website.

                    Thomas, I just got your email. You have several good ideas that I think
                    would be worth incorporating in the revised website. I can do all the
                    website's technical stuff. It's what I do as a living and a profession.
                    Getting information and translating it into other languages is where I can
                    use help. The Google language translation function currently being used
                    leaves a LOT to be desired. Also, information about a lot of natural farming
                    activities and gatherings is rarely visible on the Internet. Having a place
                    where people can easily post that information will definitely be a part of
                    the revision. Thank you for your interest and offer.

                    To show you how out of touch with natural farming I'd gotten, I didn't learn
                    of Masanobu Fukuoka's death until earlier this week. I've been TOTALLY
                    immersed in the world of machining and manufacturing for the last three
                    years.

                    Larry Haftl

                    Message 9 of 23 , Feb 6, 2009
                      -

                      Larry, Thank you for your response and for your efforts in regards to
                      the Fukuoka web-site.
                      Hope you can find some land to enjoy. There is another resource
                      for NF and that is farmingsecrets.com. I found this on u-tube and
                      there is also many videos of people demonstrating NF methods.
                      Permaculture has also incorporated much of Fukuoka's methods and there
                      is a lot of overlap of knowledge. The ideas and science behind
                      soil biology is an exploding field knowledge that continues to
                      validate NF.
                      Good Luck, Steve

                      -- In fukuoka_farming@yahoogroups.com, "Larry Haftl" <lawrence@...> wrote:

> [...]
                      > website's technical stuff. It's what I do as a living and a profession.
                      > Getting information and translating it into other languages is where
                      I can
                      > use help. The Google language translation function currently being used
                      > leaves a LOT to be desired. Also, information about a lot of natural
                      farming
                      > activities and gatherings is rarely visible on the Internet. Having
                      a place
                      > where people can easily post that information will definitely be a
                      part of
                      > the revision. Thank you for your interest and offer.
                      >
                      > To show you how out of touch with natural farming I'd gotten, I
                      didn't learn
                      > of Masanobu Fukuoka's death until earlier this week. I've been TOTALLY
                      > immersed in the world of machining and manufacturing for the last three

                    • Raju Titus
                      Message 10 of 23 , Feb 6, 2009
                        Dear Larry,
                        Thanks for this information. This is very useful for many Fukuoka's. I am
                        not good in English but as a natural farmer wants to cooperate. But do not
                        know how?
                        Thanks
                        Raju

                        On 2/6/09, Larry Haftl <lawrence@...> wrote:

> [...]
                        > would be worth incorporating in the revised website. I can do all the
                        > website's technical stuff. It's what I do as a living and a profession.
                        > Getting information and translating it into other languages is where I can
                        > use help. The Google language translation function currently being used
                        > leaves a LOT to be desired. Also, information about a lot of natural
                        > farming
                        > activities and gatherings is rarely visible on the Internet. Having a place
                        > where people can easily post that information will definitely be a part of
                        > the revision. Thank you for your interest and offer.
                        >
                        > To show you how out of touch with natural farming I'd gotten, I didn't
                        > learn
                        > of Masanobu Fukuoka's death until earlier this week. I've been TOTALLY
                        > immersed in the world of machining and manufacturing for the last three

                      • N. J. Pierotti
                        Message 11 of 23 , Feb 6, 2009
                          My name is Nicholas Pierotti, and i have been a follower of Fukuoka's
                          philosophy since I first read The One Straw Revolution as an
                          undergraduate, in 1978. My backyard on the West Side of Santa Cruz,
                          California was completely farmed according to Fukuoka's doctrines,
                          feeding my family and producing hundreds of the most gorgeous antique
                          roses ever grown. It thrived for 25 years until I sold the property
                          in 2003 to move out of the rat-race Santa Cruz had become.

                          During that time, i supported my Fukuoka farming habit working as a
                          Technical Writer in the Silicon Valley, mostly on offsite contracts.
                          I worked with many of the biggest and most infamous companies,
                          incuding Apple and Netscape.

                          I would be happy to work with you in upgrading the Fukuoka Farming
                          Website.

                          Nicholas Pierotti
                          eurydice@...

                          You can reach me at 707-468-5404 x116, or leave me a message at
                          707-374-6619.

                          Otherwise, please email me for my current telephone number.

                          I am a Technical Writing professional, who has been active in the
                          Internet and Telecommunications industry for over 15 years, writing
                          some of the most complex and concise documentation in the Valley. I
                          am currently writing four administrative guides for Cisco, on the
                          administration of webservers and log servers.

                          Prior to that, I wrote Leopard Server documentation for Apple, and
                          was the Principal Writer on Apple's OpenDoc, which initiated the drag-
                          and-drop revolution. I was the original API Writer for Sun's
                          foundations classes, embedding my documentation directly into the
                          code. I was the API Documentation Manager at Kana, which was a
                          pioneer in telecommunications software, and I wrote Netscape's
                          Systems Administration Guide for the original online shopping
                          platform (which was implemented and instantiated later by Amazon and
                          eBay and countless others).

                          I have also worked as a Senior Technical Writer with ARC
                          International, a leading developer of user-customizable, high-
                          performance 32-bit processor cores, development tools, synthesizable
                          peripherals, and other cutting edge intellectual property (IP). I
                          wrote and formatted their most high-level material (samples upon
                          request).

                          I can handle any assignment.

                          I am an API documentation expert (over 10+ years experience).
                          I wrote much of the original API documentation for Apple and SUN.
                          I am a FrameMaker Guru, an HTML and XML user, and am one of the top
                          Technical Writers in the Silicon Valley, with 15+ years experience
                          writing and managing at companies like Apple, SUN, Netscape, and
                          Oracle. I've written API for Java, C, and C++ (13 years experience).

                          CONTACT ME AT eurydice@...

                          Extensive samples in PDF format are available upon request.

                          Message 12 of 23 , Feb 6, 2009
                            Hello Steve,

                            I'm thinking of doing some guerilla gardening this coming spring. I live
                            across the road from a very large prairie conservation area. They do a
                            controlled burn on it each spring. I'm thinking of spreading some seedballs
                            around before the burn to see what happens. Also thinking of doing some
                            planting in the nearby forest preserve. Should be fun and gives me an excuse
                            to mess about with seedballs again.

                            I visited that website as was struck by how commercial it seemed. I don't
                            have anything against some commercialism to help pay the website bills, I'm
                            just leery of sites that offer no content unless you give them your email
                            address to get access. Since there is no privacy policy offered who knows
                            how many spam lists your email ends up on.

                            Fukuoka definitely influenced a LOT of people including the original
                            developers of permaculture. I remember reading something about Fukuoka not
                            being happy about permaculture, but some people have found value in
                            permaculture practices. Personally, I find successful adaptations of
                            Fukuoka's methods to be interesting. Emila Hazelip's efforts to build on
                            Fukuoka's methods to develop a commercially successful market garden is
                            certainly something that others can learn from.

                            I think the value of the website is to provide an online source of
                            information on his methods that is as accurate as possible, but also to look
                            at adaptations and variations that have enabled people to grow food in a
                            more sustainable and healthy way. This includes information on advances in
                            the science of soil biology that support the concept of natural farming.

                            Larry

                            Message 13 of 23 , Feb 6, 2009
                              Hello Raju,

                              Your English is not bad. What is your native language? Maybe you could help
                              translate information from English to your native language so that it is
                              more easily accessible to others? I think it would be very useful to have
                              good translations of articles posted on the website in English translated
                              into as many languages as needed. For example, Italian, Spanish, Portuguese,
                              French and German for European and Central/South Americans.

                              Larry

                              Message 14 of 23 , Feb 6, 2009
                                Dear Thomas,

                                Count us in.
                                Pagtinabangay Foundation
                                Ormoc City, Philippines

                                We hope we can help in any way we can.

                                Thanks for this initiative.

                                Jean

                                <thomcprestes@...> wrote:

                                > Steve and everyone else,
                                >
                                > I've also been thinking about the 'outreach' of NF, and as I said
                                in
                                > a previous message, I think it would be very nice to have a list of
                                > Natural Farms around the world...
                                > In order to have that, I thought about creating a website or
                                > something similar. Then after a while I realized it would make
                                > much more sense to offer help to improve an already existent
                                website,
                                > such as the Fukuoka Farming Website, rather than creating a new one
                                on
                                > my own.
                                > Therefore, I've sent an email to the Fukuoka Farming Website
                                > (http://fukuokafarmingol.info/) offering my help in 1) having an
                                > up to date list of Natural Farmers around the world, 2) keeping an
                                > up to date list of Meetings, Events, Courses, etc., and 3)
                                translating
                                > the website into other languages.
                                > I still haven't got an answer, but I thought it would be a good
                                > thing to let you people know about all that... Perhaps some of you
                                > might be interested in joining forces?
                                > Also, if anyone has any comments, suggestions, critics, etc., I
                                > would be glad to listen to them.
                                >
                                > Thank you,
                                >
                                > Thomas
                                >

                                > --- In fukuoka_farming@yahoogroups.com, "grannis04" <grannis04@>
                                wrote:

                                > > Thanks to all for replies. Your suggestions are well taken.
                                > > I believe that talks at libraries or community
                                > > centers may be a good place to start. I would like to challenge
                                all to
                                > > try some out reach to your local communities. We can't change the
                                > > world all at once but we can all do our part a piece at a time.
                                Where
                                > > I live is quite rural but there is a strong movement among the
                                local
                                > > farmers and the community to connect and establish food supply
                                > > networks. As money becomes less available people can grow more
                                food
                                > > both for personal consumption and for barter. Natural
                                > > Farming/Gardening can play an important role in producing low
                                > > input/high yield crops.
                                > > Thanks, Steve G

                              • dayjean455
                                Message 15 of 23 , Feb 6, 2009
                                  Hi!

                                  I can translate from English to Cebuano - one of the major dialects in
                                  the Philippines. If you think I can help, just say so and I am ready
                                  to help.

                                  My email addresses: dayjean455@... or jeanjust@...

                                  Jean

                                  Message 16 of 23 , Feb 7, 2009
                                    Dear Larry,
                                    My native language is Hindi and I am writing articles on FM in Hindi. I love
                                    to translate also.

                                    Message 17 of 23 , Feb 7, 2009
                                      Dear Larry, Steve, Raju and Nicholas,

                                      I'm really glad about your messages.

                                      I thank you all for that.

                                      So, how shall we start?

                                      Should we have an email list to make the conversation between those
                                      who will be working easier?! Or, how shall we do it?

                                      I thought about starting to translate the website, but maybe that
                                      should be done after the content of it is more or less revised?

                                      Another thing I could start doing is to send information about Natural
                                      Farms, groups, etc., and also about meetings and so on.

                                      Rajuji, it will be great to have your support, even if at the moment
                                      we by chance don't really find something you could do for the website.

                                      I guess once the Section with information about Natural Farmers is
                                      available, we could greatly benefit from a report on your history, the
                                      history of your farm, it's progress, your tecniques and so on.

                                      Besides, if you are able to translate from English to Hindi, that
                                      would surely be very useful.

                                      And, of course, anyone volunteering to translate the Website to other
                                      languages would also contribute a lot.

                                      Steve, I think your report on your experiences would be highly
                                      appreciated as well, and, by the way, I guess any reports from any of
                                      the Natural Farmers on this group would be very useful for the website.

                                      Perhaps we could create (apart from the already mentioned Section with
                                      information on Natural Farmers around the world) a Section with
                                      articles based on farmer's experiences, which could be searched by key
                                      words such as geographic areas (country, climate, etc.), crops,
                                      tecniques, problems, and so on. But, well, that's just another idea,
                                      and, in fact, it might not be a very necessary one, since this group
                                      already does the job that this Article Section would do, I guess.
                                      Maybe this "articles" things could simply be part of each farmer's
                                      contact page? What do you think?

                                      Anyway, we can talk about that later on.

                                      But I do feel that if the website could keep close contact and
                                      collaboration with this email group, with farmers, other organizations
                                      etc., things would work much better.

                                      Finally,
                                      Nicholas,
                                      I'm sure you could be of extreme help, considering you have such an
                                      extense knowledge and background, not only with writing but with also NF.

                                      Yea, I feel it would be an amazing thing if we manage to work
                                      together, helping each other, and I'm quite looking forward to it.

                                      Thomas

                                      Message 18 of 23 , Feb 7, 2009
                                        --- I

                                        Hello Larry and all,
                                        I read that Fukuoka told Bill Mollison that he was
                                        encouraged to see the great interest NF practices and that he finally
                                        had hope for the future of the world.
                                        It sounds like the web-site is about to experience a revival.
                                        I am all for communicating in any way we can agree. The dialogue
                                        should go over the forum for the sake of all. If other avenues open up
                                        we can accommodate.
                                        Steve G.

                                        Message 19 of 23 , Feb 7, 2009
                                          Hello all,

                                          With so much energy and support, upgrading the website is going to be very
                                          exciting.

                                          I “revisited” the website this morning page by page and was amazed at the
                                          amount of information on it. I’d forgotten how much time and effort was
                                          invested in it. Makes it more understandable why the website has remained so
                                          popular even though it has not been updated in so long. There is useful
                                          information there that is not available anywhere else on the web and other
                                          information that is very hard to find elsewhere. All of it seems useful to
                                          anyone interested in natural farming.

                                          I can handle the structural revisions and upgrades to the website. It’s one
                                          of the things I do for a living. Where I can use help is in three areas:

                                          Translating some of the original material into other languages.
                                          Gathering information that should be included/posted on the
                                          website.
                                          Brainstorming, input and feedback on how the website structure
                                          and features should be revised/added.

                                          On translating, I think it is fantastic that we can get articles written in
                                          English translated into Portuguese, Spanish, Italian, French (thank you
                                          Thomas), Cebuano (thank you Jean), and Hindi (thank you Raju). Also, it
                                          would be useful to get articles written in non-English translated to English
                                          (we have a few of those on the website already). Language should not be a
                                          barrier to communicating useful information on how to sustainably produce
                                          nourishing food.

                                          I can easily set up the ability for users accessing the website to choose
                                          which language they want to read the information in. What we need is
                                          translations.

                                          No matter how the website gets revised, the following documents will always
                                          form the foundation and should be translated as soon as possible:

                                          An introduction to Masanobu Fukuoka
                                          Overview of Fukuoka Farming
                                          The philosophy of Masanobu Fukuoka
                                          The Synergistic Agriculture of Emilia Hazelip
                                          The Fundamental Reality that Underlies Fukuoka's Principles

                                          The Synergistic Garden

                                          Interpreting Masanobu Fukuoka's Writings
                                          The Living Soil

                                          Translating all of that is a daunting task, but the sooner we get it done
                                          the sooner we can set up the language sections and make all of that
                                          information available to non-English readers. I suggest if you want to do
                                          the translating then download each of the pages and begin to do so. Let me
                                          know what you are working on so that we don’t have more than one person
                                          doing a translation into the same language.

                                          So that we don’t clutter this mailing list with somewhat off-topic
                                          conversation about the translating, let’s use direct email for now and later
                                          I’ll set up a mailing list at the website just for the translators. You can
                                          email me at: webmasterATfukuokafarmingolDOTinfo. I spelled that out to avoid
                                          having that email address picked up by spiders and sold to spammers. I
                                          suggest all of you do that whenever you are putting your email addresses in
                                          public forums such as this one.

                                          On gathering information, if there is anything any of you think should be
                                          included in or posted on the website you can send information to me via this
                                          mailing list or directly to the email address I just gave you. You can also
                                          send requests for information you would like to have gathered and posted on
                                          the website and I’ll see what I can do.

                                          On brainstorming, any and all ideas and suggestions on what should be
                                          included or revised on the website are most welcome. You can send them to me
                                          directly at the webmaster email address or you can post it on this mailing
                                          list. Posting it here might be the better choice as it might inspire others
                                          to comment on or add to the ideas. Also, it would give visibility about what
                                          is going on with the website to everyone on this list and I think that is
                                          important.

                                          This is really getting exciting. It feels good to be back.

                                          Larry
                                          http://fukuokafarmingol.info <http://fukuokafarmingol.info/>

                                        • Larry Haftl

                                            Message 21 of 23 , Feb 8, 2009
                                              Hi Steve,

                                              I agree with you that the dialogue should happen on this list. The spam
                                              filtering can be problematical but I guess we’ll just have to deal with
                                              that. I’m thinking of making additional communication options and channels
                                              available through the website but they are more of an addition to rather
                                              than a replacement of this forum. Things like audio and video clips,
                                              articles with graphics, etc.

                                              n fukuoka_farming@yahoogroups.com <mailto:fukuoka_farming%40yahoogroups.com>

                                              Message 22 of 23 , Feb 9, 2009
                                                Okay, Larry. I'll start translating as soon as possible.

                                                Jean

                                                Message 23 of 23 , Feb 10, 2009
                                                  Salamat Jean. Please work on the pages I noted, not on the home page as that
                                                  will surely change. I will look forward to setting up a Cebuano section.