Sludge from Septic Tank

  • edward barton
    Message 1 of 11 , Jan 6, 2009
      Dear Friends,
      Thanks to all friends who responded to my querry.It has helped me clarify lot of questions.
      Raju, my farm may not be a fukuoka farmig compliant but when i said i am using Natural farming practices i meant i dont use any chemical pesticides or chemical fertilisers for use in my orchard.
      I have now realised that Fukuoka suggested parctices include no tilling, no weeding ,no composting, no bringing in external sources of fertilisers etc.
      I would term my farm as chemical free farm.Now in my view a chemical free farm is natural farm or not is difficult for me to say..
      I only know that in Nature there is no chemical production but only natural organic matters reacating with each other in a very complex play.
      I have 5- 6 cows on the orchard and i use the cow manure in the compost heap.I do cut the tall grasses and weeds growing around the mango trees and place it in the compost pile.I have been told that if the grasses are not removed around the mango trees then pests including termites would attack the trees.
      I dont know how far this is true as i am a hobbyist orchard owner.

      My orchard has grown out of my love for Nature and it is not a commercial establishment.The mangoes grown on my orchard are the sweetest mangoes and 1000 times sweeter than what is available in the markets around here.
      thanks once again to all friends
      regards to all
      edward.

      http://mail.yahoo.com
    • Raju Titus
      Message 2 of 11 , Jan 7, 2009
        Dear Edward,
        There is lot of confusion in Natural and Organic way of farmings. People
        think that using organic fertilizers,insecticides,weed killers are natural.
        But these are all unnatural practises.Keeping Cows more easy with zero
        tillage.There is no need of making compost of Cow dung. It will be useful as
        early as returned to soil. In Mango orchard there is no need of weeding .
        Green cover of land in the shade area of trees helps in so many ways. It
        protects trees from insects and diseases,conserve moisture,supply organic
        fertilizer. The taste,flavour,and yield improves every season due to this
        cover. Killing of weeds and insects by Malathion or by Neem are same.
        Fukuoka Farming based of no killing (nonviolence). Tilling of land is most
        harmful unnatural practise.It creates demand of fertilizer and water
        and improves weeds and insects problem.
        Thanks
        Raju

        On 1/6/09, edward barton <siliconvalley47@...> wrote:

        > Dear Friends,
        > Thanks to all friends who responded to my querry.It has helped me clarify
        > lot of questions.
        > Raju, my farm may not be a fukuoka farmig compliant but when i said i am
        > using Natural farming practices i meant i dont use any chemical pesticides
        > or chemical fertilisers for use in my orchard.
        > I have now realised that Fukuoka suggested parctices include no tilling, no
        > weeding ,no composting, no bringing in external sources of fertilisers etc.
        > I would term my farm as chemical free farm.Now in my view a chemical free
        > farm is natural farm or not is difficult for me to say..
        > I only know that in Nature there is no chemical production but only natural
        > organic matters reacating with each other in a very complex play.
        > I have 5- 6 cows on the orchard and i use the cow manure in the compost
        > heap.I do cut the tall grasses and weeds growing around the mango trees and
        > place it in the compost pile.I have been told that if the grasses are not
        > removed around the mango trees then pests including termites would attack
        > the trees.
        > I dont know how far this is true as i am a hobbyist orchard owner.
        >
        > My orchard has grown out of my love for Nature and it is not a commercial
        > establishment.The mangoes grown on my orchard are the sweetest mangoes and
        > 1000 times sweeter than what is available in the markets around here.
        > thanks once again to all friends
        > regards to all
        > edward.

      • garden03048
        Message 3 of 11 , Jan 7, 2009
          My orchard has grown out of my love for
          Nature and it is not a commercial establishment.The mangoes grown on my
          orchard are the sweetest mangoes and 1000 times sweeter than what is
          available in the markets around here.
          > thanks once again to all friends
          > regards to all
          > edward.
          >

          >You make me jealous. I love mangoes but they are not about to grow
          in Massachusetts.

          anthony