Re: [fukuoka_farming] Re: was Gajin Tokuno now wood ashes

  • Michael Meredith
    Message 1 of 14 , Jan 2, 2009
      Some people advocate mixing ashes and urine together to create a balanced fertilizer.
      Of course, we throw away so many valuable things.
      Michael

      ________________________________
      Message 2 of 14 , Jan 2, 2009
        Yes I think that is exactly right Dieter, the wood came from the soil,
        and if we are using it to create ashes it should be returned to the
        soil. Each of us needs to make our own observations on how this is
        best done for our own gardens and farms . . .

        Ashes were once used in soap making, in processing some foods, and I
        am sure for other things as well . . . I think if we are producing
        them, if possible we need to use them in a good way . . .

        Harvest

        --- In fukuoka_farming@yahoogroups.com, "Dieter Brand"