Re: [fukuoka_farming] Cardboard Input Farming (in Kansas)

  • david.keltie@gmail.com
    Yes - I do the same in my annual vegetable plots. I ve noticed though that slugs and other pests. seem to multiply when using cardboard.

I think birds,
    Message 1 of 3 , Dec 16, 2008
      Yes - I do the same in my annual vegetable plots. I've noticed though
      that slugs and other pests. seem to multiply when using cardboard.

      think birds, hedgehogs and other predators scratch out and eat eggs of
      pests from the soil over winter. They can't get through the cardboard.
      On the other hand, they chuck vegetable mulch all over the place to
      get at the pests that see them through the winter.

My conclusion is
      that using cardboard can result in more pests the following spring.
      Cheers, David