Re: Greece - Reforestation 2008

  • karoubas
    Message 1 of 5 , Dec 2, 2008
      Hello Christopher,
      I wish I could help you with this - I do not think Dino even has
      drawings - if you look at the fotos and the description previously
      provided below, its not hard to make the machine.

      I use many ways to make large quantities of balls/pellets - the cement
      mixer (made without the handles inside) is a good solution to make
      large amounts of small seed balls (up to 3/8 inch diameter)- I use
      this method to seed my farm. Its important for the mixer not to have
      the handles inside, so you can put your hands inside to push the clay
      as it moves around as the mixer rotates.

      I also purchased some steel bar grates, used for drainage in road
      construction. They come with different size openings - I use grates
      with small openings for use on the farm, and large openings for
      reforestation efforts.

      Sometime in the middle of the winter or early spring I will meet with
      Dino and Panos and I will discuss the machine. Dino has mentioned
      other ideas about designing a machine mounted on a tractor that will
      mix clay and seeds, make seed pellets and deposit the on a road
      surface to dry as it moves along - this will be for very large quantities.

      I hope the above helps

      Kostas

      --- In fukuoka_farming@yahoogroups.com, Christopher Lange
      <langec56@...> wrote:

      > Dear karoubas.
      > As a young farmer from the aspen parkland of Saskatchewan who is
      currently trying to find ways of cutting inputs ( Our farm is organic)
      But it relies on mostly machinery and would like to downsize equipment
      wise . I 'm fasinated by Dino's seed ball invention Because I'm
      fasniated and would like to experiment with seedballs but time
      comsumption of just making the balls ( All though I do Have cement
      mixer for the mixing part ) was a bit of a deterant. Until Now .
      > I would like to have permission and some of his blue print of this
      machine from Dino so I can finally kick off some machinery.