Re: Temperate Rice Varieties

  • yashanich
    Message 1 of 4 , Dec 1, 2008
      Lalit,

      I will keep you guys posted on the rice/thresher front
    • Arlo
      Message 2 of 4 , Feb 13, 2009
        If you are only growing a small amount of rice it is not difficult to knock the rice from the
        straw on a large tarp, sheet or something similar. This can save you a lot of money and
        energy on expensive machinery. Also once the rice is free from the straw you can use a
        large wood pestle and mortar to remove the husk. If you need more detailed information
        let me know.

        --- In fukuoka_farming@yahoogroups.com, "yashanich" <yashanich@...> wrote:

        > Hello, my name is Yasha Nichvolodoff. I am located in the
        > Castlegar/Nelson region of southern British Columbia, Canada. There is
        > an average of 159 frost free days, highs of 35-40 degrees celcius in
        > july. I am looking for seed sources for short season rice and other
        > heritage grain varieties available in North America. As well, I have
        > had no luck finding small scale grain threshers. I have heard of the
        > ferrari, and the build it yourself rodale thresher, as well as the AMAR
        > multicrop thresher ($2730 US FOB). Does anybody have, or know of small
        > grain threshers available in North America?
        >
        > Sincerest Regards -Yasha

      • Arlo
        Message 3 of 4 , Feb 13, 2009