Invitation to view Raju's Picasa Web Album - MASANOBU FUKUKA'S FARM OF JAPAN.

  • Raju
    Message 1 of 11 , Nov 28, 2008
      Dear friends,
      Fukuoka is no more is died this year in August at the age of 95. But his
      work is with us. These few slides he was sent to me in 1988. Mr Arvind
      Berwa son of Mr Berwa retired I.A.S officer and founder of " kopal
      nesergic farm mandideep" made me possible to show you these slides on
      Internet. Please learn more by doing comments. I will try my best to solve
      queries because I and my wife Shalini doing natural farming since 1985 in
      Hoshangabad. M.P.India. In India we call this way "Rishi Kheti" .

      http://picasaweb.google.co.in/rajuktitus/MASANOBUFUKUKASFARMOFJAPAN

    • Nandan Palaparambil
      Message 2 of 11 , Nov 28, 2008
        Dear Raju,

        Thank you so much for the pictures, thanks to Mr Arvind

        Berwa for making this happen.

        It is really worth to move them into the photo section of this list.

        Regards,
        Nandan

        Message 3 of 11 , Nov 28, 2008
          Raju,

          Thanks for making those pictures available. It is going to take a
          while for me to download all, but I already noticed that there are
          some I havn't seen before.

          Dieter

          On 11/28/08, Raju <rajuktitus@...> wrote:
          > Dear friends,
          > Fukuoka is no more is died this year in August at the age of 95. But his
          > work is with us. These few slides he was sent to me in 1988. Mr Arvind
          > Berwa son of Mr Berwa retired I.A.S officer and founder of " kopal
          > nesergic farm mandideep" made me possible to show you these slides on
          > Internet. Please learn more by doing comments. I will try my best to solve
          > queries because I and my wife Shalini doing natural farming since 1985 in
          > Hoshangabad. M.P.India. In India we call this way "Rishi Kheti" .
          >
          > http://picasaweb.google.co.in/rajuktitus/MASANOBUFUKUKASFARMOFJAPAN

        • robin
          Message 4 of 11 , Nov 28, 2008
            dear raju titus,

            thank you so much for sharing these great pictures with us. please
            convey my thanks to mr. berwa and also to your wife, you two are most
            like mr. fukuoka of anyone i have heard from on this web and i have so
            much gratitude to you for your continuous insight and unadorned
            simplicity in what you have brought to us. thank you.

            we have fallen on relatively hard times here and i can no longer
            afford many seeds to just fling about...i have been letting the trees
            grow that come up by themselves...luckily i have a wild black walnut
            and persimmons that are spreading. the kale, mustards and turnips that
            i scattered previously are doing well, they come up right through the
            grass. i have raspberry, wineberry and blackberry that spread easily.

            unfortunately, i am getting older and i am caring for my new
            granddaughter while my daughter works in town; the other members of my
            family respect me, but are not interested in what i am trying to do
            here in natural farming, so i cannot get any participation or
            collaboration here. my neighbors think i am crazy for letting things
            grow, walking about tending things; it seems as though they think of
            the earth as nothing but a parking lot or an ashtray. so, this makes
            me sad and a little bitter---but i am determined to go on. i think if
            i could grow something that is considered useful around here, i could
            prove that it is worthwhile to them. but so far, what i have planted
            is uneven and rather sparse in places (except for the before-mentioned
            vegetables). but the things that grow up wild are ultra luxuriant and
            prolific.

            if i were to buy some seeds, what would you suggest i buy, clover? and
            what else to get it going for the spring? i have been encouraging the
            herbs that i have to spread, that seems like my best avenue, but i
            don't really know. if nothing else, i too have a paradise and i have
            restored this little plot of land to it's natural processes even if it
            is surrounded on all sides with neglect and degradation. it's almost
            like living on an island.

            p.s. mr. fukuoka looked great in the pictures, he has a very nice
            looking family. and his paradise is just lovely. i respect you so
            much. thank you again***robin

            Message 5 of 11 , Nov 28, 2008
              Raju,

              Re. picture 34, are you sure this is rye?

              Dieter
            • Dieter Brand
              Message 6 of 11 , Nov 28, 2008
                OK, I finally got to picture 38 that explains it. You probably mean
                rape not rye.

                Dieter

                On 11/28/08, Dieter Brand <brand.dieter@...> wrote:
                > Raju,
                >
                > Re. picture 34, are you sure this is rye?
                >
                > Dieter

              • Raju Titus
                Message 7 of 11 , Nov 28, 2008
                  Dear Dieter,
                  No I am not sure. Photo is not clear I assume it. He was growing wheat and
                  Rye in winter If three leaves than clover and single than Rye.Any body can
                  edit in this album. Thanks for query.
                  Thanks
                  Raju

                  On 11/28/08, Dieter Brand <brand.dieter@...> wrote:

                  > Raju,
                  >
                  > Re. picture 34, are you sure this is rye?
                  >
                  > Dieter

                • Raju Titus
                  Message 8 of 11 , Nov 28, 2008
                    Actually we in Midindia grow Mustered in winter and say "Rye" in other parts
                    of India people say "Sarson" to Mustered.I am not sure about Rape seed . I
                    never saw Rape seed this was told to me that Rye is Rape seed.
                    You know better please made correction. We know wheat and rice if it is not
                    Mustered than must be clover.
                    Thanks
                    Raju

                    On 11/28/08, Dieter Brand <brand.dieter@...> wrote:

                    > OK, I finally got to picture 38 that explains it. You probably mean
                    > rape not rye.
                    >
                    > Dieter
                    >
                    > On 11/28/08, Dieter Brand <brand.dieter@...<brand.dieter%40gmail.com>>
                    > wrote:
                    > > Raju,
                    > >
                    > > Re. picture 34, are you sure this is rye?
                    > >
                    > > Dieter

                  • Terry
                    Message 9 of 11 , Nov 28, 2008
                      Dearest Raju
                      Thank you for offering these photographs.

                      Although I have studied permaculture and practices here for some time,
                      I discovered Mr Fukuoka and Natural Farming just recently. This system
                      of growing makes me feel both liberated and inspired. These images do
                      represent simplicity and success in farming, and they are an excellent
                      example to those like me that are beginning on this path.

                      It strikes me that citrus growing is very 'sexy' and that grain growing
                      is less so. Yet i see most home gardeners lured into growing the sexy
                      stuff, even though we eat so much rice and wheat.
                      Thanks, Terry
                      --- In fukuoka_farming@yahoogroups.com, Raju <rajuktitus@...> wrote:

                      > Dear friends,
                      > Fukuoka is no more is died this year in August at the age of 95. But
                      his
                      > work is with us. These few slides he was sent to me in 1988. Mr
                      Arvind
                      > Berwa son of Mr Berwa retired I.A.S officer and founder of " kopal
                      > nesergic farm mandideep" made me possible to show you these slides
                      on
                      > Internet. Please learn more by doing comments. I will try my best >

                    • Jean Villafuerte
                      Message 10 of 11 , Nov 29, 2008
                        Yes, thank you so much Raju.

                        We have also started growing fruit trees in the PFI (Pagtinabangay Foundation) Ecology Farm together with the vegetables. In another PFI project area, our colleagues planted rice using the System of Rice Intensification (SRI) way. But they used fermented juices (organic fertilizers and insect attractants). The yield was good. The number of tillers went from 50-60 from just one seedling. Our colleagues planted, monitored and harvested the crop themselves just to show the small farmers around how to grow without using toxic chemical fertilizers.

                        I am going to show these photos to them to show them that there is a much better way - the Fukuoka way.

                        Dieter, please give me more time before I can upload the formula for the fermented juices because it is in Tagalog and I have to translate it to English, or do you still want it given the Fukuoka method of nothing at all?

                        Thanks,

                        jean
                        www.ammado.com/pfi
                        www.ormocwomen.blogspot.com
                        www.evyouth.blogspot.com
                        www.tcfoc.blogspot.com
                        www.pfi.blogspot.com
                        www.geocities.com/pfft_2000

                        visit my blogs and leave your comments.

                        Message 11 of 11 , Nov 29, 2008
                          Dear Robin,

                          Although the message was not meant for me but just the same I want to tell you that it touched me. You are doing great when your labor of love will bear fruit as expected, you will no longer be the crazy one but the apple of everybody's eyes!

                          Cheers,