Re: [fukuoka_farming] Re:Perennial ground cover/mulch for growing crops

  • Steven McCollough
    Message 1 of 13 , Nov 24, 2008
      Laurie,

      I would be reluctant to put quack grass or any other perennial grass
      purposefully into my environment.

      It is a weed for me in the true sense in that I can't get rid of it. If
      your climate is different from mine maybe it would not be a problem. In
      fact, if it is not currently a problem, maybe it would never be.

      As to pasture, it is great until you want to do something other than
      pasture and it will not let go easily. A few local farmers rotate four
      years of pasture/hay and they always use roundup afterwards to go back
      to grains.

      Steve UP of Michigan