oversowing grassland

  • gunther1753
    Message 1 of 3 , Oct 25, 2008
      Hi everybody
      i want to grow buckwheat, quinoa, with a white clover groundcover on my
      field. it is mixed grass with a fair bit of plantain and sorrel in it.
      in spring there is plenty of moisture in ground and air (south-west
      england)
      should i:
      cut grass very short and just broadcast clover first?
      make seedballs with clover and buckwheat?
      cover with newspaper, mulch with compost and broadcast?
      any advice very much appreciated.
      cheerio gunther
    • Raju Titus
      Message 2 of 3 , Oct 26, 2008
        Dear friend,
        There is no need of seedball making first scatter seeds of wheat and clover
        after germination cut ground cover.
        Thanks
        Raju
        India

        On 10/25/08, gunther1753 <gunther.jerabek@...> wrote:

        > Hi everybody
        > i want to grow buckwheat, quinoa, with a white clover groundcover on my
        > field. it is mixed grass with a fair bit of plantain and sorrel in it.
        > in spring there is plenty of moisture in ground and air (south-west
        > england)
        > should i:
        > cut grass very short and just broadcast clover first?
        > make seedballs with clover and buckwheat?
        > cover with newspaper, mulch with compost and broadcast?
        > any advice very much appreciated.
        > cheerio gunther

      • gunther1753
        Message 3 of 3 , Oct 27, 2008