Re: [fukuoka_farming] web page

  • Rex Teague
    Message 1 of 6 , Aug 3, 2002
      On 4 Aug 02, Rex Teague wrote:

      > I'm devouring everything I can at the moment with a view to
      > establishing a "sewage garden".

      Whoops... I sure you see what I mean!! 8-]

      Cheerio... Rex
    • Varanashi Krishna Moorthy
      Message 2 of 6 , Aug 4, 2002
        Dear Rex
        Thank you for the compliments
        In our system we do not use Sewage. Other wastes are mixed to the biogas
        slurry and directly applied to the farm.
        I am planning to use the sewage and looking for appropriate plan.
        You may visit www.campco.org to see what my father has built.
        Message 3 of 6 , Feb 9, 2009
          Larry, thats great that you're re-doing the web page.
          I cant help much with that, but I can send an article on my experiences adapting Fukuoka's work to the dry climate of California, (he never had to deal with gophers, or cucumber beetles either, I believe).
          Michael

        • Larry Haftl
          Message 4 of 6 , Feb 9, 2009
            Hi Michael,

            Sharing real-world experiences is a big part of what the website is all
            about. The article you are talking about sounds like it definitely should be
            posted on the website, so if you can attach it to an email to me at
            webmasterATfukuokafarmingolDOTinfo I'll edit it (another thing I do for a
            living), post it on the site and then post a notice and link here. Thank you
            for sharing.

            What part of CA do you live in? I used to live in the San Fernando Valley.
            That was a long time ago but I still remember the gophers and beetles along
            with aphids, med flies and other veggie- and fruit-gobbling critters.

            Larry
            http://fukuokafarmingol.info <http://fukuokafarmingol.info/>