Seed balls from feces

  • ai3131
    Message 1 of 2 , Sep 14, 2008
      Greetings. Would it be feasible to make seed balls using human feces?
      Much obliged in advance.

      - Arian I.
    • A. Pasternak
      Message 2 of 2 , Sep 14, 2008
        Hi Arian,

        Well, maybe / sort of.

        If your human feces has been processed and is finished compost [at the
        end of two years], then should be fine to use in the seed ball mixture of

        5 parts clay, 3 parts soil/compost, 1 part seed, 1 - 2 parts water
        http://seedball.com/

        For more info on humanure see http://www.jenkinspublishing.com/humanure.html

        Whether you want to use the compost for the growing of edible plants is
        a personal decision that should be made with great care.

        Hope that helps,

        Al