hello, I am on!

  • Xavier Dequaire
    Message 1 of 2 , Aug 3 3:39 AM
      Joining may be more actively the list after having been just a reader,
      I'll quote something that might interest you considering Emilias techniques:

      "... in the same ancient period[12 000 years ago ?], somebody as yet
      unidentified by scholarship went to great lengths to build raised fields on the
      newly exposed lands that had so recently been under the waters of the lake - a
      procedure which created characteristic corrugated strips of alternately high and
      low ground. It was not until the 1960s that the original function of these
      undulating patterns of earthen platforms and shallow canals was correctly worked
      out. Still visible today, and known as waru waaru by the local Indians [close to
      Titicaca lake], they proved to be part of a complex agricultural design,
      perfected in prehistoric times, which had the ability "to out-perform modern
      farming techniques".
      In recent years some of the raised fields were reconstructed by archaeologists
      and agronomists. These experimental plots consistently yielded three times more
      potatoes than even the most productive conventional plots. Likewise, during one
      particularly cold spell, a severe frost 'did little damage to the experimental
      fields'. The following year the crops on the elevated platforms survived an
      equally ruinous drought:'then later rode high and dry through a flood that
      swamped surrounding farmlands'. Indeed this simple but effective agricultural
      technique, invented by a culture so ancient that no one today could even
      remember its name, had proved such a success in rural Bolivia that it had
      attracted the attention of governmental and international development agencies
      and was now under test in several other parts of the world as well."

      >From "Fingerprints of the Gods
      A Quest for the Beginning and the End"
      Graham Hancock, 1995

      I am French living in Norway.

      Peace

      Xavier

      --
      _____________________________________
      For bedre kommunikasjon og læring:

      Do you wonder what your lifestyle implies for our common planet?
      Explore that at http://www.earthday.org/footprint/

      _____________________________________
      Homesite http://www.futurich.com/
      _____________________________________
    • Rex Teague
      Message 2 of 2 , Aug 3 1:43 PM
        On 3 Aug 02, Xavier Dequaire wrote:

        > Still visible today, and known as waru waaru by the local Indians
        > [close to Titicaca lake], they proved to be part of a complex
        > agricultural design, perfected in prehistoric times, which had the
        > ability "to out-perform modern farming techniques".

        You pricked my curiosity Xavier, there is more information at:

        http://www.oas.org/usde/publications/Unit/oea59e/ch27.htm
        http://www.sas.upenn.edu/~cerickso/articles/articles.html

        Cheerio... Rex