web page

  • Varanashi Krishna Moorthy
    Message 1 of 6 , Aug 2, 2002
      Dear friends
      Kindly visit our new web page www.varanashi.com
      Yours sincerely

      Dr Varanashi Krishna Moorthy
      Varanashi Research Foundation
    • Rex Teague
      Message 2 of 6 , Aug 3, 2002
        On 3 Aug 02, Varanashi Krishna Moorthy wrote:

        > Kindly visit our new web page www.varanashi.com

        I've had a good look Varanashi. For someone who lives in the
        southern temperate region the range of crops grown/researched at
        your farm is truly exotic! As to the well-being of your staff I suspect it
        goes beyond good nutrition and environment - a spiritual cohesion
        maybe...
        http://www.nytimes.com/2002/07/23/health/psychology/23COOP.html?ex=1028415440&ei=1&en=2face896773fa4ea

        Two questions if I may:
        1. Do you have any experience with reedbed technology? I'm
        devouring everything I can at the moment with a view to establishing
        a "sewage garden".
        2. Does the co-operative set up by your father bear any resemblance
        to the Mondragon enterprise? Can you elaborate?

        Thank-you... Rex
      • Rex Teague
        Message 3 of 6 , Aug 3, 2002
          On 4 Aug 02, Rex Teague wrote:

          > I'm devouring everything I can at the moment with a view to
          > establishing a "sewage garden".

          Whoops... I sure you see what I mean!! 8-]

          Cheerio... Rex
        • Varanashi Krishna Moorthy
          Message 4 of 6 , Aug 4, 2002
            Dear Rex
            Thank you for the compliments
            In our system we do not use Sewage. Other wastes are mixed to the biogas
            slurry and directly applied to the farm.
            I am planning to use the sewage and looking for appropriate plan.
            You may visit www.campco.org to see what my father has built.
            > On 3 Aug 02, Varanashi Krishna Moorthy wrote:
            >
            > > Kindly visit our new web page www.varanashi.com
            >
            > I've had a good look Varanashi. For someone who lives in the
            > southern temperate region the range of crops grown/researched at
            > your farm is truly exotic! As to the well-being of your staff I suspect it
            > goes beyond good nutrition and environment - a spiritual cohesion
            > maybe...

            http://www.nytimes.com/2002/07/23/health/psychology/23COOP.html?ex=102841544
            0&ei=1&en=2face896773fa4ea

            > Two questions if I may:
            > 1. Do you have any experience with reedbed technology? I'm
            > devouring everything I can at the moment with a view to establishing
            > a "sewage garden".
            > 2. Does the co-operative set up by your father bear any resemblance
            > to the Mondragon enterprise? Can you elaborate?
            >
            > Thank-you... Rex

          • Michael Meredith
            Message 5 of 6 , Feb 9, 2009
              Larry, thats great that you're re-doing the web page.
              I cant help much with that, but I can send an article on my experiences adapting Fukuoka's work to the dry climate of California, (he never had to deal with gophers, or cucumber beetles either, I believe).
              Michael

            • Larry Haftl
              Message 6 of 6 , Feb 9, 2009
                Hi Michael,

                Sharing real-world experiences is a big part of what the website is all
                about. The article you are talking about sounds like it definitely should be
                posted on the website, so if you can attach it to an email to me at
                webmasterATfukuokafarmingolDOTinfo I'll edit it (another thing I do for a
                living), post it on the site and then post a notice and link here. Thank you
                for sharing.

                What part of CA do you live in? I used to live in the San Fernando Valley.
                That was a long time ago but I still remember the gophers and beetles along
                with aphids, med flies and other veggie- and fruit-gobbling critters.

                Larry
                http://fukuokafarmingol.info <http://fukuokafarmingol.info/>