Re:Growing peaches

  • michael
    Message 1 of 92 , Sep 8, 2008
      What's wrong with Sulphur? It is found and indeed is necessary in soil.
      You don't need much and you only need it in bad years.
      Also, get rid of any fallen fruit (burn pile) and do not let any
      affected fruit stay on trees.

      On Aug 1, 2008, at 6:01 PM, john wrote:

      > Does anyone have any advice regarding brown rot on peaches. the
      > peaches turn moldy before ripening. I had another peach tree a few
      > years that I had to cut down to make room for a deck (the wood is
      > very nice to smoke food with) that had the same problem. I know that
      > sulphur would help but I would like to find an natural solution.

    • grannis04
      Message 92 of 92 , Jun 22, 2009
        -No, the chicken layer pellets are poultry feed for laying hens. It is grain based feed but if you want complete ingredients maybe check the label on the bag at your feed store. Steve G.