Re: slugs

  • michael
    Message 1 of 92 , Sep 8, 2008
      I used to have a problem with slugs, especially destroying mature
      plants just before harvest. I put in a small, very small pond, and
      let it sit. Frogs and toads came, one species in the first year,
      adding another two in the second year, each species taking its turn
      to reproduce throughout the year. Slugs disappeared. So did
      crickets in the immediate area. Now the little froglets and toadlets
      can be found even out in the pasture grasses, nowhere near water,
      munching on all sorts of insects.

      On Aug 1, 2008, at 4:20 PM, Dieter Brand wrote:

      > I will gladly take a few of those slugs
    • grannis04
      Message 92 of 92 , Jun 22, 2009
        -No, the chicken layer pellets are poultry feed for laying hens. It is grain based feed but if you want complete ingredients maybe check the label on the bag at your feed store. Steve G.